Finally have a picture of the Smith Whiskey..

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Oldtimer

Reaction score
Fresh from the tumbler...pictured with the Rodolf's also tumbled..both were sick sick sick, and now...amazing. SO worth the trade of a few average bottles for the tumble.

So, the Whiskey is Thos. L . Smith and Sons Boston Mass USA, 3 section mold, applied top (For cork covered glass stopper?), has one raised dot in the center of the bottom. Not pontiled.

Does the pic ring any bells? Think it was a whiskey or maybe a Gin?

S6303794.jpg
[/IMG]
S6303797.jpg
[/IMG]

sandchip

Reaction score
Don't feel bad. I've considered many times changing my name to "threadkiller." I can't shed any light on it, but it's a beauty that I'd be proud to put on my shelf. Is the medicine related, or just found with it?

glass man

Reaction score
WELL ALL I KNOW IS ,MAN THAT IS ONE COOL WHITTLED BOTTLE! NO ONE HAS REPLIED MIGHT MEAN YOU GOT A RARE ONE! JAMIE

cyberdigger

Reaction score
Could it be a UK bottle? The lip treatment hints at it..

deepbluedigger

Reaction score
It does have a bit of a British look to it, but even if it was made here it was for use there! Also, by the time that bottle was made I think it was very unusual for US businesses to order from British glasshouses? The color looks more American, too (a bluer shade than most British made 'aqua' glass).

Oldtimer

Reaction score
Hi guys.

The Rodolf's was a gift to me from my wife on our anniversary. I put it in the pic because it too had been tumbled.
The Smith says "Boston Mass. U.S.A." big as life...and I dug it myself on a 200 year old farm..about 12" down in the dirt...hence the need for a good tumble, it was seriously sick. In the General Bottle Chat forum, some info was posted saying Smith was a distillery on India Street in Boston @ the turn of the century.

So, do you guys figure this to be a fairly uncommon bottle? Repeated google searches return zip-zero-nada. That in itself is rather strange.

Oldtimer

Reaction score
I'll be darned, but Yahoo had some basic info! Thos. L. Smith & Sons was founded in 1847, and passed to new ownership / name in 1919..
Here's a link.
Looks like my bottle..

Knowing an aqua applied top 3 piece mold whittled bottle is more than likely 1870-ish, is it safe to assume my bottle is of that aprox. era?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdahlem