Finally.....hit a pontiled paradise!!!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

dirtflicker

Reaction score
WOW!!! Very cool! Nice finds, I am so jealous, I haven't dug a pontil yet, i'm still fairly new at this. I can't wait till i do, then maybe i can show off too

It is very rare to find this many intact pontiled bottles. As for the showing off.......I think everyone should show off their digs weather they are digging 1930's bottles or 1830's bottles. To be honest I like digging for 1920's milks as much as digging pontils....I just like digging for old stuff period! [;)]

Steve in MA

Reaction score
Those are some nice bottles DF, great finds! I know of a cellar hole that I found while detecting (before I knew anything about bottles. About 20 feet from the back corner, noticed some galss on the ground, and started scraping out with the frineds I was with. Tons of shards, had no idea what any of it was. We went down about 2 feet before we quit, found 1 small bottle (no idea what it was), Lea and Perrin's embossed stopper, and some shards I took home. One was the seal off of a case gin (I know that now). I've been meaning to get back there and actually dig it to the bottom, maybe there are some more whole ones there... Hmmmm..

Your post is inspiring to me... Thanks for sharing.

Jim

Reaction score
Sweet pontiled beauties! I love to see stuff like that. I agree with you 100%, bro...any old dump is a good dump! The dump where Gene and I have been getting our goodies was in use up to about 1939 or 1940. Some guys would hear that and not even give it a chance, "not old enough"....HA! Aside from moving about 50,000 Clorox and ketchup bottles out of the way [:D], there's nothing wrong with a good, loaded 20s-30s dump.

Way to go on your dig. Persistence pays off, and you're one of the most persistent, hardcore diggers I have talked to. Enjoy those pontils. You earned them! Gene and I will be off bright and early to GIT ER DUG again! Hopefully we will have some goodies to share. Jim

nhdirtdog

Reaction score
Way to go! I remember you saying that you may go back there even though you thought you dug it all out. Persistence pays off sometimes. Great haul and good scouting!

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dvergatal