Finding a dream bottle underwater

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
A little update on this one. My buddy Tom was kind enough to sell me the Wis. Glass hutch that is pictured! I now own them both. Thanks again Tom.

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
Hey Bottlenut,
Thanks for jumping in. I'm not sure that the height makes too much of a difference on the mold, though. The mold seam (and presumably therefore, the mold) ends around the shoulder or lower neck. The blob and neck were then hand tooled by the glassblower. When that Wis. Glass bottle was made (82-86), most bottles around that time and a bit earlier used a longer neck. By the mid nineties, I think hutches were fairly established with the strong shoulders / no neck. Anybody else want to jump in??

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
When you look at the Heitzler bottle picture (page back) you can see a little ridge where the seam ends. Up until that point, the bottles look identical. From there, they are different. The Wis. Glass bottle looks to have a fold below the blob indicating that it was made separately and attached. (I think). The Heitzler has no such seam.

ajohn

Reaction score
Great artical Bob and a very interesting subject. Nice group of hutches too!I can see why you like them so.

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
Hey Thanks Ajohn and Minnesota,
You guys were digging through the archives to find this one. One minor update, one of these Heitzler hutches came up for sale in 2011 at an auction. It had some nice competetive bidding and sold just under $400. I also met some of the grandsons of Theo Dietzler's brother John recently. (John was the "& CO" embossed on the bottles). It was neat to talk to them and to hear their stories from childhood about the bottling plant.

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: blobbottlebob

Tomahawks, Badgers, and Wolfs.

3DA1988DEE68448C9FDEBA4E41C89829.jpg

You should give that bottle to the badger [8D]
Could you imagine if he pulled one of those out haha

Wheelah23

Reaction score
I read this story a while back, but it was thrilling to read again! There's nothing like the experience of pulling out your most wanted bottle like that. Great story Bob.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen