First Hike of the New Year

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

atticmint

Reaction score
Well, decided to start my New Year off with a little hike. I have had permision to dig all I want around this old homestead since last May but the vines, pricker bushes and bryer have kept me away. The foundation itself is barely accessible in the spring and summer and I had to cut through a crap load of vines today, just to find the privy or well in the pics. Its so thick with brush I cant imagine trying to make it through any other time.
It was a great walk and gave me a whole different perspective of the area without all the foliage around. I even found a small shed foundation I overlooked in the fall and what looks to be a barn in the back forty.
Cant wait till early spring [:)]
Kev

Rp42112.jpg

Attachments

• Rp42112.jpg
    Rp42112.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 49

atticmint

Reaction score
Just imagine this in the summer, all though its a bit cleaner looking than my own basement...LOL [:'(]

It sure looks like a much bigger foundation than the last time I was by.

Pn35395.jpg

Attachments

• Pn35395.jpg
    Pn35395.jpg
    178.3 KB · Views: 45

Yooper14

Reaction score
That's the best part about winter and spring...givesyou a chance to get into those thickets to see what things really look like. I spend as much time in winter/spring scouting new places as I do digging...I've uncovered great spots that I'd have never known were there in the summer
Yooper

capsoda

Reaction score
Hey Kev, I'd spend a little time clearing now while you can find those places. That way when spring comes it will be easer to get to your treasures.

atticmint

Reaction score
For sure, I didnt expect to get that close to everything. Next time I go I will bring something to cut a path. Maybe if do that for the next few months I can get in there easier come spring. [:)]

Rp44857.jpg

Attachments

• Rp44857.jpg
    Rp44857.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 52

southern Maine diver

Reaction score
Atticmint...

Hey Kev, if you can see that site from the road, I would leave some of the brush up to camoflage it! No telling what someone else would do if they saw you in there cutting and pruning! They might want to walk in there and see for themselves... Anyway,
Just a thought[:-]

Wayne

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrokenGlassNDrivewayRocks