First of Season---next day

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

CanadianBoy

Reaction score
Went out again today,took awhile but got into a nice layer,these were in a 1' layer between layers of old tin & metal about 7' down.They were just above the water,all this rain as made the water table pretty high,sometimes we're digging the wet.
The first one was the Master pottery Ink,I then got into a mess of meds,5-6 keepers and about 100-200 no-names of varied ages,oldest about 1870,newest about 1910.
Got a couple of nice sodas,an amber 16 oz master ink,cobalt Bromo's,inks,and poisons,2 sweet 1oz coffin poisons.Found a really lovely teal blue wine with an applied crown top,but hit a bump on the way home,lost the wine and one of the Bromo's.
Also found a pottery jug missing the handle,its in the shape of an egg,no flat surfaces .
So all told it was a good 2 days,found out I go back to my summer job on Monday(cutting fairways on a local golfcourse) so I may rest up tomorrow.......or maybe not.[:D][8D][:)][;)]

Lj23346.jpg

Attachments

• Lj23346.jpg
    Lj23346.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 63

Mainepontil

Reaction score
Nice dig!!!! Looks like you are into a good dump. Keep us posted on the finds.

Joel

Tandy

Reaction score
Hi CanadianBoy,
you certainly are doing well with your site. I do like the bulk ink, the glazing looks immaculate. Is there a potter's mark on it? At a guess, it looks as though it could be Lovatt & Lovatt, or Doulton, or possibly Bourne, Denby.

I also like the cobalt blues, especially the inks.

Cheers,

CanadianBoy

Reaction score
Hi Tandy,the mark is Bourne,Denby.
On the Greybeard its Midland Pottery,Melling,Liverpool.Also the greybeard is missing the handle.

madman

Reaction score
very very nice finds!! also love the dump pix !! looks like you have a winner mike

143Tallboy

Reaction score
Hey Dave: Guess I should have stuck around a little longer. Looks like you hit a good layer.
Why is it this usually happens after I leave?

Snakeboy

CanadianBoy

Reaction score
Hey Snakeboy,you young guys have no staying power,you think you have all the time in the world.Whereas use old guys..................................................don't.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alatide