First Warners Safe

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

nhpicker

Reaction score
I still remember the first Warner's I dug. I ended up digging six that day, all mint. I know how you felt when you dug it. You and Hunter are making some great finds. Thanks for sharing and good luck out there.

swizzle

Reaction score
Those are really cool bottles. I've dug shards to the Warner's and I've only owned 2. I got lucky on buying them. The first one was $5 and my last one was $1. I still have that one but man is it stained bad. Your's is in great shape. Looks like you had a good day. Swiz

mainer1

Reaction score
Thanks Fred, Red Ginger, Micah that's how I made my guess I had just dug one. Joe I think we need to hear that confiscation story! Kate I almost tossed the cover it look like a broken piece of pottery. Nhpicker if I dug 5 I would have passed out in the hole and floated out with the next tide
Again thanks to everyone for looking and your support. It's nice to have somewhere to show my finds

mainer1

Reaction score
The lid has a hole in the center
it was done by someone for a reason other than that it's perfect

hunter2000

Reaction score
Gary,
Very nice No red ants in your pants today? Your are the duggy:) Great post. Third time for the good old poison Ivy for me this year got to fine something that gets rid of it as fast as we get it.
Agreed its great to share finds and with freinds who actually give a care about what we all like to do.
Dennis

nhpicker

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: mainer1

Nhpicker if I dug 5 I would have passed out in the hole and floated out with the next tide

Mainer1, believe it or not I dug those 6 mint ones in a farm dump out toward Rochester, NH. It is a day of digging I will never forget. I also dug a ton of whiskey bottles in the same dump. It seemed the farmer who owned the property may have had a drinking problem and tried to combat his live/kidney failure but drinking lots of Warner's. Digging the bottles is fun, but even more so, learning about the people and their habits back then is even more fun.

mainer1

Reaction score
Nhpicker
hunter2000 and I were talking about that today.
We agreed that someone had kidney problems and was medicating himself.
Probably to the point of intoxication
It so happens I deliver bread in Rochester everyday
thanks for your input

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mistymad28