First Wine Cooler?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Reaction score
My better half found a bottle the other day,....(of course I can't remember what the name was embossed on it) but it was extremely ornate with vines and such. The name and writing was very "vintage" looking as it was sorta rollercoastered like old patent medicines (rather than just straight across it went in a wave). The trick is, this bottle was a screw top,...and very small. maybe 7 inches tall and 2 inches wide. It held 7 ounces as indicated on the bottom,.....and even that was worded very strange. I'll try to remember to get more details (and I have no camera at the moment) but does this ring a bell to anyone?

Best,

ken

Reaction score
Garret & Co Pioneer American

At the top, a detailed Shield & Eagle Coat of Arms with the words Garrett's American Wines. Below, encompasing the rest of the front of the bottle reads: REG. U.S. PAT. OFF., GARRETT & CO. INC., ESTABLISHED 1835, PIONEER AMERICAN WINE GROWERS, REFILLING PROHIBITED, NEW YORK. The number 9 in reverse on the bottom of the bottle.

Ge94313.jpg

Attachments

• Ge94313.jpg
    Ge94313.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 91
Reaction score
Thanks for the info! Nice looking little bottle though. Man, it would have taken a six pack of these to catch a buzz! LOL!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saturday