FOHBC 2013 National Show - Manchester NH

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

NYCFlasks

Reaction score
I will have to start planning my time off, collected bottles for 40 years, a Life Member of the FOHBC (thank you Jean Garrison), and I have never been to a National. Hope to change that this time.........

cornucopia

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

It's been a while since I've made an update to this posting regarding the status of the FOHBC Manchester NH National Show. I'm very excited about the show it's all coming together nicely and it's going to be a GREAT SHOW! We've also created a FB Events page: https://www.facebook.com/events/452804044768887/

Currently we have 15 people setting up some very nice displays. We have 4 planned seminars and are looking for anyone else who'd like to do a seminar on NE glass - if you do please contact Rick Ciralli or shoot me an email and I'll send you his contact information. Rick has volunteered his time to be our coordinator for the seminars.

Speaking of volunteers if you'd like to help out during the event let me know. We have many slots available and I'd like to consider this show to be a representation of all of the North East clubs not just that it's being hosted by the Merrimack Valley Antique Bottle Club. Yup that's right folks I'm a bi-partisan show co-chairman.

As of today, Feb 5th, 191 tables are reserved leaving 63 table available to for people to reserve for the show. I'm expecting after the Baltimore show I won't have many tables left for dealers as I'll be making the rounds to everyone there during the show - hope to see you there. Contracts for the show are located on the FOHBC.org web site.

--If you're not going to set up at the show don't forget about early buyers $60 / individual or family, $45 if your an FOHBC member.

--We have negotiated rates at the Radisson of: $119 single/double, $129 triple and $139 quad. It's a pet friendly hotel the rate to bring your furry friend is $25. Use the group code: FOHBC3

****************************************************************************************************
Consider advertising in the souvenir program given out to every person, dealer and volunteer attending the show. Convey your message in a customized format or have your business card converted to a 1/8 page ad for only $30.

The souvenir program is retained by many for years and are referenced over and over to contact collectors specializing in specific items and categories. Many of the people receiving these souvenir programs don't subscribe to any of the bottle magazines thus allowing you to reach a whole new audience.

People attending the show aren't just bottle collectors they also collect stoneware and go withs which include advertising for the different glasshouses or manufacturer.

Full page (color) 4 3/4" x 7 1/2" - $300
Full page (B&W) 4 3/4" x 7 1/2" - $200
Half page (color) 3 3/4" x 4 3/4" - $175
Half Page (B&W) 3 3/4" x 4 3/4" - $110
Third page (B&W 2 1/2" x 4 3/4" - $ 75
Quarter page (B&W) 2 3/8" x 3 3/4" - $ 55
Eighth page (B&W) 2 3/8" x 2" - $ 30

Contact Mike George at, phone: (603) 765-8079 or email: earlyglass@gmail.com

******************************************************************************************************

The show schedule is:

Friday July 19
8:00am - 12:00pm FOHBC Board Meeting
1:30pm - 2:30pm FOHBC General Meeting
4:00pm - 7:00pm Dealer Registration / Packet Pickup
6:00pm - 7:00pm Cocktail reception
7:00pm - 8:30pm Awards Banquet
8:30pm - ??? New England Bottle Battle - sponsored by Heckler and Co.

Saturday, July 20
7:00am - 5:00pm Dealer Registration
8:00am - noon Dealer Load-in, & Display Set-Up
9:00am - noon Seminars
Noon - 1:00pm Show Room Closed
1:00pm - 5:00pm Dealer Admittance & Early Buyer Entrance, All Out At 5:00pm
7:00pm - ???? Auction - Our auctioneer will be: Glass Works Auction

Sunday, July 21
7:00am Ticket Sales
8:00am - 9:00am Dealer & Early Admission
9:00am - 3:00pm General Admission
3:00pm Show shut down
Pack and police (clean) the hall; we have to leave it with NO trash.

edit: Made links.
Thanks for the update Maureen.

edndlm

Reaction score
Thanks for the update ! I just made my room reservation online using the group code for Friday & Saturday nights & it went very smooth .

cornucopia

Reaction score
Hi All,

There are only 61 tables left available for dealer setup at the FOHBC show - make sure you get your contract in soon so you don't loose out. As a side note this show does not conflict with Shupps Grove. Steve G was gracious enough to moved their show date when I talked to him last year in Baltimore.

We've also created an Events page on FB https://www.facebook.com/events/452804044768887/

If you'd like to volunteer to help out with the show please shoot me an email I have all the slots written up where I need bodies.

Thanks,
Maureen

cornucopia

Reaction score
After the Baltimore show this past weekend I'm down to only 47 tables left available at the show, I received 7 more during the show. I handed out promotional post cards to people waiting in line and they were very receptive and I had a lot of hands in the middle of the clump reaching out to get a post card from me.

One woman say to me when I mentioned the show to her: "your killing me this is the same weekend as my son's graduation and I have people staying at my house, I won't be able to kick them out of the house to make to the show". There's quite the buzz out there regarding this show and a lot of people excited about it being in New England.

cornucopia

Reaction score
Please note if you're sending in your FOHBC show contract and are also paying for a new FOHBC membership your are to deduct the $10 for your 1st table making the cost $55 not $65 for your first table.

Thank you,
Maureen

cornucopia

Reaction score
Well it's been a while since I've posted an update to this posting, so here it is.

FOHBC hotel / show update:

The Radisson hotel has opened 10 additional rooms at their property for our block Saturday night. If you weren't able to make a reservation at that hotel you now have the option to until this group of 10 rooms are gone.

Our backup / overflow property is the Hilton Garden Inn for the same rates and is not a pet friendly hotel for those of you with allergies.

I still have 21 tables available for those of you who are still thinking of setting up at the show. If you are please send in your contract in VERY soon or you won't be listed in the souvenir program for the list of dealers, we're in the final stages of finalizing the program. We have a few slots still available for advertising in the souvenir program.

I'm also looking for a few good volunteers for Sunday's part of the show if you can help out please email me at: mcrawf@comcast.net

cornucopia

Reaction score
I almost forgot.....

We have 25 displays being set up. There are 8 seminars on Saturday and best of all we received 2 money donations totaling $6000.

The $5000 donation which will be split up this way:

$1000 raffle on Saturday during early buyers to be spent at the show - you must be present to win
Eight $500 raffles on Sunday during general admission to be spent at the show - you must be present to win

The 2nd donation of $1000 will be used to purchase a New England bottle/flask to be raffled off, via ticket purchases $1 for each ticket or $5 for 6 tickets, to raise funds for the virtual museum. You do not need to be present to win this raffle.

2E04B0E3E68F41128E783E5F6B876605.jpg

Attachments

• 2E04B0E3E68F41128E783E5F6B876605.jpg
    2E04B0E3E68F41128E783E5F6B876605.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 110

jays emporium

Reaction score
Are show vendors eligible for the cash drawings on Sat and Sun? I'd like to win $500 to spend at the show. My tables are already reserved. Thanks for the update.
Jay

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyH