Forum T-shirt Ideas?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

southern Maine diver

Reaction score
Hey gang, guys, gals...

Now I hope I am not stepping on any toes here, but after speaking with several forum members in person at the New England Bottle Show, it has been suggested by several members that we, the forum as a whole, submit some ideas for a selection of additional choices for T-shirts through the Cafe-Press.

Now, I haven't discussed it yet with Roger, but I would suspect that we may be able to generate a bit more cash flow to help out on the financial support of "Our" net and make it more appealing to others. We have attracted a good number of newer and younger members and several members, me included, have thought we could add to this attraction by offering some new/additional T-shirt designs.

Of course, final approval would have to come from our moderators and our founding father, but how about some input? Does anyone agree that we could benefit from some additional T-shirt sayings, drawings or depictions for the Antique-Bottles.Net T-shirt or am I just spinning my wheels here?

At the Bottle show, several members commented that the current T-shirt was a bit too ...uh... um... Well, that they looked good on the ladies, but the men needed something a bit more, what was the word, manly? [&o] Obi-Wan-CAPSODA and I both wore our T-shirts with pride[:)] but we were also the only ones there wearing the T-shirts[&o] One member even commented that when Obi-Wan and I were standing next to eachother, the T-shirts should read "WIDE LOAD"[:eek:]

I don't know what he meant by that, but I'm still looking for him...[>:]

Anyway, like I said... I am not trying to step on any toes... or hurt anyone's feelings here. I am only seeking some input. I for one, am very proud of this forum and the opportunity it has provided to thousands of members and supporters around the globe.

Roger, we owe you a great debt... Thank you for having the insight into this great hobby and for providing us with the opportunity to belong to this forum... for allowing us to exchange infomation, to chat, to meet and greet others across the world ... to share our thoughts, ideas and experiences... To allow us to express our feelings, our photos and our finds!!![:)]

I take my hat off to you! You can take great pride in seeing how your brainchild has developed and grown under your guidance...[:)]

What do you think of having an additional one or two T-shirt selections? How about something to go with "Git-R-Dug..." Some brighter colors... men's T-shirts and maybe bikini tops depicting pontiles... (well, maybe we haven't progressed as far as I initially thought), but you know what I'm trying to say...[:-] Maybe even having our Forum names put on the backs of the shirt? I'm sure we would all be able to cover any increaded cost. What do y'all think?

Most sincerely,

Wayne[&:]

Tr51217.jpg

Attachments

• Tr51217.jpg
    Tr51217.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 52

capsoda

Reaction score
Hey Wayne, You are always spinnin yer wheels, sliding, tap dancin, and skatin but I think it would be a great idea if it could be done and doesn't cause any undue hassel for anyone.

Maybe a nice baby blue with yellow flowers in a pontiled beer bottle for the TAZ.

southern Maine diver

Reaction score
Hey Cap...

He's the biggest reason I started this post and he hasn't even weighed in on this yet...[&o] I figured he would at least like to model some new shirts for us... I guess we'll have to ask Wendy...[;)]

Wayne

tazmainiendigger

Reaction score
Funny, funny Wayne!! I want mine made out of kevlar so I can slither through those glass piles with out gett'n sliced!![sm=rolleyes.gif] OK OK This would be my "ideal" shirt... A camo pattern with white letters on back antique-Bottles.net and your ID on the front, pretty simple.... and ugh, ugh manly, oh and further more being in camo's I could keep a low profile out in the woods so I can get r duggggggggggg!![sm=lol.gif] Taz

Trying not to break it

Reaction score
hi wayne, i wore my t shirt to the balt. bottle show. didn't see another one there. i like the phrase on the shirt, but felt it could be a little less cartonist. as far as a really rare bottle, add a collectable bottle that everyone would regonize, even non collectors. some thoughts, how did you get you name on the back of your shirt? that's neat. rhona

southern Maine diver

Reaction score
Hey Rhona...

I went to the arts and crafts section of the local Wal-Mart and purchased some iron on letters. They were very inexpensive. I did one up for Obi-Wan-CAPSODA as well to celebrate his visit and give him something to remeber us by.

The selection was poor, but they didn't cost much. Careful when you iron them on... follow the instructions. I would think that a "Michaels" arts & crafts store would have a little better selection of font and letter size.

Could probably even find a lot on the internet too![8|]

Wayne

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen