Found ~150 blue & black hand-blown bottle stoppers

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
That's a very interesting find, and quite a puzzling one too. I think they would have indeed been ground down to fit bottles later on, but I'm not sure what a pharmacy would do with that many decorative stoppers. I can't imagine they used them for prescriptions. They look like something that would be used for display bottles. I think the newspaper fragments are your best clue. From what I can see I'm getting a bit of a 1960's vibe from them, the font looks mid-20th century. I wonder how long the building had been a pharmacy for, if it started 50-something years ago those could have been from a prior business. It seems odd that a pharmacy would be grinding down its own stoppers as well, you would need special equipment for that and I would think that a pharmacy would just order its bottles already finished. I really can't think of a satisfactory explanation.

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
They were probably for show on the top shelf with Colored bottles. To bad no one here is on FB which I think is weird lol It's just another place to talk bottles and ask questions.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TonyG1