Found ~150 blue & black hand-blown bottle stoppers

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
That's a very interesting find, and quite a puzzling one too. I think they would have indeed been ground down to fit bottles later on, but I'm not sure what a pharmacy would do with that many decorative stoppers. I can't imagine they used them for prescriptions. They look like something that would be used for display bottles. I think the newspaper fragments are your best clue. From what I can see I'm getting a bit of a 1960's vibe from them, the font looks mid-20th century. I wonder how long the building had been a pharmacy for, if it started 50-something years ago those could have been from a prior business. It seems odd that a pharmacy would be grinding down its own stoppers as well, you would need special equipment for that and I would think that a pharmacy would just order its bottles already finished. I really can't think of a satisfactory explanation.

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
They were probably for show on the top shelf with Colored bottles. To bad no one here is on FB which I think is weird lol It's just another place to talk bottles and ask questions.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROC.NYbottles