Found a brand new 1800s farm dump. Some nice stuff and a big crier

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

PlaneDiggerCam

Reaction score
Southeastern CT, U.S.A. Also in Adams & York Co,
it does look similar to the bottle that sold for $3000 , the colour and features seem to match , do you know if it was a unique design and colour ? or did any other bottlers use it too ? or was it just used by geo eagle ?

if it was a unique design and only used by geo eagle it almost has to be the same bottle

Pretty sure that this ribbing is unique to the Geo. Eagle Soda. Plus the part with the embossed E matches where it should be on the bottle. I think it is the same bottle, but maybe later variant more towards the 1860s.

nhpharm

Reaction score
I'd say definitely a George Eagle. Those pipes are very early as well...much earlier than the rest of the bottles you showed, so the dump has to have covered a wide range of time. Good luck...that sort of stuff sure gets the blood pumping.

sandchip

Reaction score
I'd say definitely a George Eagle. Those pipes are very early as well...much earlier than the rest of the bottles you showed, so the dump has to have covered a wide range of time. Good luck...that sort of stuff sure gets the blood pumping.

I agree. In over 45 years, I've never seen that mold with anybody's else's name on it. No telling what lies beneath in that area!

Mjbottle

Reaction score
Wow! Great finds...i noticed you.mentioned a rock dump...do you find bottles burried in the ground under the rocks? Or only at the surface?

PlaneDiggerCam

Reaction score
Southeastern CT, U.S.A. Also in Adams & York Co,
Wow! Great finds...i noticed you.mentioned a rock dump...do you find bottles burried in the ground under the rocks? Or only at the surface?
I'd say both. With rock dumps, I've found that bottles survive in the crevices between the rocks. Digging these types of dumps is a lot of work, especially moving the rocks, but can be really rewarding. For example I've dug tons of pontils that survived in the crevices at another rock dump I have.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen