Found a New 1920s to 1930s Dump Today, with Rhode Island and New York Beers

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

HunterTheFox59

Reaction score
I was exploring the woods at the end of my street when I found a stone wall. I didn't think much of it, but I followed it until I came across a pile of metal. I thought it was modern trash, because it was behind some $700,000 to $1.3 million dollar homes, and there were plastic planters all around it. However, it was loaded with broken local sodas and diaries, including a broken Allen Brother's dairy and Quaker dairy from West Springfield. I ended up finding Narragansett Brew Co from Providence Rhode Island, a Lion Brewing from New York, and a Rubsam & Horrmann Brewing Co from New York, along with some other little bottles.
20181001_000349.JPG

Len

CT LEN
Reaction score
Hi HunterTheFox,
How about any Springfield milks from c. the 1930s-'40s beginning with "R'? (I just got a request did you?) Thanks, --Len

HunterTheFox59

Reaction score
Hi HunterTheFox,
How about any Springfield milks from c. the 1930s-'40s beginning with "R'? (I just got a request did you?) Thanks, --Len
I didn't find any, and I could only identify a few of the pieces. I did find a piece from Chicopee, although I can't remember the name of the dairy.

Reactions: Len

Len

CT LEN
Reaction score
Hi Hunter,
Thanks. I'll get back to you about the name of the one in Springfield. Speaking of names, you might want to insert "Lucky" at the beginning of your's.--You find A LOT! :cool: --CT Len

HunterTheFox59

Reaction score
Hi Hunter,
Thanks. I'll get back to you about the name of the one in Springfield. Speaking of names, you might want to insert "Lucky" at the beginning of your's.--You find A LOT! :cool: --CT Len
Thanks, Len! I was contacted too. They were looking for a Ravosa Dairy bottle. I might be heading back tomorrow, and I'll be sure to look more closely at the pieces that I find.

HunterTheFox59

Reaction score
Went back to the dump for a little while today. I didn't find much except for a Mellin's Food jar and a few cobalt bottles. Not going to give up on the spot yet because I found a fairly large piece of a Chicopee Dairy quart and an art-deco style Chicopee Soda Co piece. I also found a piece of a slug-plate Star Bottling Soda Co from Springfield.
20181001_000044.JPG

Len

CT LEN
Reaction score
Hi Lucky Hunter The Fox,
Nice finds. :D Those large cobalts sell well. The little guys will too but are a little slow. I admire your tenacity in trying to reconstruct that slug plate Chicopee milk. If you collect those I have one intact and pretty nice. Its in shallow storage and shouldn't be hard to locate. ..Yes, Mr. R's son sent me a request too. Do you happen to know off hand if Lake Massoit (sp), adjacent to Springfield College, got refilled this year? Thanks. --CT Len

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen