Found a new site

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

DouglasFresh1980

Reaction score
So I found an old dump site. I left so much there, can't wait to get back. The one I like the most is the half gallon jug embossed with The Christian Brothers. Turns out the brothers in 1882 started making wine to fund their religious schools. Pray by day, sling alcohol at night. Bunch of hustlers. Just gonna post a group shot and maybe if anyone has interest in some of the bottles I'll post some individual shots if anyone wants to know more. There's one beer bottle in there that looks like it's old and has a bluish tint to it. Such a great day on the water!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 92
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 85
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 80

hemihampton

Reaction score
They don't look that old. is the beer a blob top, does the beer have a name on it? LEON.

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Yeah they look pretty modern although the beer almost certainly has at least some age to it. If there's one hopefully there's more under the modern stuff.

RCO

Reaction score
the only bottle that looks that old is the aqua colour beer bottle although they might of still been using those till 40's or 50's even , not really sure not an expert in beer bottles but have found some similar ones before . even though I'm north of the border found 1 from Detroit and another from buffalo ny this summer so far

DouglasFresh1980

Reaction score
So I picked the aqua bottle out first to give it another round of cleaning and investigating. It appears that it is a soda bottle from the American Bottle company, which existed from 1905-1929. So that's pretty old and is exciting to me because if that old of a bottle is there I would like to think there are others, maybe and hopefully older.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 71
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 65

sunrunner

Reaction score
the American bottling company made bottles for Anhiser bush .

hemihampton

Reaction score
If it has no name embossed on the glass then most likely it's a beer bottle from the 1930's that had a beer label at one time. Could be from the 20's but then it would of been a non alcoholic beverage like BEVO that Anhauser Busch made during the 20's & Prohibition. LEON.

jk666

Reaction score
Most of the sites I've found so far are from this era also. If you're like me, you won't let the 'those aren't old' comments deter you from enjoying the dig.

offtrail

Reaction score
As age goes it's all relative, a bottle form the 50s depending how old you are can or seem like ages ago. I still find it very interesting to find and learn about the different bottles even from the 30s, 40s, and 50s...nice finds & thanks for sharing.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TonyG1