Found a nice bottle dump today.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

hemihampton

Reaction score
The tops I pictured from 1962-67. Your Hamms top is from around 1967-70.

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
Super! Thank you for your help, Leon.
The dents in it--I tried using a wire, and my finger, but can't push them out with the wire, and my pinki got stuck eventually much to my dismay. How do I fix it?

hemihampton

Reaction score
The cone could be worth more then the $15.00? LEON.

RCO

Reaction score
I like the drink paul's drink bottle , the coca cola likely not that hard to find , us diggers seem to find a lot of those I know I have this summer

RES1CUE

Reaction score
Looks you've been hitting the dump up pretty good. I've never seen the green Paul's bottle so that's pretty cool. O so's are common too, I remember finding those when I was 8 years old up at Duck Lake. The Hamms is common too but I have never found a 16 ounce. Take a picture of the conetop for sure. Like Leon said, I might be interested and if not he will be. Oh, and the miller you found, what color was the can? Black is late 40's to mid fifties. White and green is mid fifties to early 60's, if its a flat top. What did the old Milwaukee look like also? The country is plagued with the seventies aluminum ones.

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
hemihampton said:
The tops I pictured from 1962-67. Your Hamms top is from around 1967-70.
The "seamless aluminum" was invented by Coors in '59 and giving time for the patent to run out and/or be sold that make sense.

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
RCO, I actually have only found three totally intact Coca-Colas before this dump in the last two years--only one was a Hobbleskirt.
Res1cue, I can't recall what the Miller looks like other than rusted, dented, and with holes; likely sixties' like most other items. The Cone-Top I will hopefully persuade mom to stop to let me photograph. As for the Old Milwaukee, it was brand-new-looking from being stuck in gravel and sand and I think it was mostly redish and white; all the other cans in that area were pretty far gone. As for the O-So, thanks for the alert to look into Duck Lake. My nephew gave me his turtle, which we didn't quite want, so we, after figuring out species, decided that, as she eats snails and crayfish as a main diet, Duck Lake--with all the snails I recall as a kid-- is the best location to release her. Which area of the Lake were they? And as for the Paul's, I only found the intact green one and a shattered green one in Mona Lake. Most of the bottles are heavily stained, but I noticed this pattern: 1910ish, little staining; 1920ish, much to medium staining; 1930ish, little staining; 1940ish, much to medium staining; 1950ish, medium to maximum staining; 1960ish, little to medium staining. Odd 'pattern.' Anyone know why? I think it has to do with the dumping they used to do into the Lake, but could easily be wrong.
Eric, awesome. I'm pleased with how well it lasted in the creekbank.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter