Found a nice bottle dump today.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
BottleRocket, thank you. And, yes, I am a creative writer. Click here to view my stories. As for that family, it is incredibly interesting and I'm happy to share as much as possible.
Hemi, never is it hijacking if it's something that involves learning more!
Res1cue, aww. No matter. As for that Cone Top, either it was sold or I am mixing up antique stores. Later this week I'll look into the Muskegon Antique Mall--the only other one it could be in. In the end, I did come back with one bottle from that antique store. I'll post it when I get photos uploaded, and learn more on it.
Sunrunner, the lighter and the Paul's are my favorite pieces so far. Monday I'm bringing out a large shovel and will carefully excavate.
Res1cue, that's what I thought at first. But it seems too tall. Think they're worth bringing out? There's around ten out there. Some hve large roots growing through them.

RES1CUE

Reaction score
I use items like those crates to haul finds out of dumps, so I'd keep it. Have you been to the airport antique mall in Norton shores buy the airport?

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
Res1cue, I used to live right by it. Bought a few things from them in the past--only like two bottles, though. Nice people.
As for the crates, they're a bit bulky for my bicycle. I use a backpack--but had found the crate in the woods outside a development, and rescued three baby pines that had not been bulldozed yet where all the adults were cut down there. Their small size didn't yet disturb the work crew. Their ability to bend saved them as they were run over. They now have a new home, to which I carried them in the crate by bike.
I recommend the Seven Sisters Antique store--they just opened a different antique store across the road. Seven Sisters has some good stuff, and nice folks.
Click here to see the bottle I today picked up there.

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
This one I've only gone down a foot so far into one mound. 2 mounds, each about three feet tall. These people used a lot of bleach. I intend to go down to the bottom, unless it suddenly turns up no glass--highly unlikely, as as far as my paw would go down, I was going through more glass and metal than dirt.

LisaTammy

Reaction score
It's funny you mentioned the bleach Bear, whenever I am digging a farm type dump etc., I always look at the items I dig and think about the people that must have used them. The place I've been digging is an old lumber camp, and they drank a lot of beer!! I am talking probably close to1000 beer bottles out of this place, I keep thinking I will find a stash of liver cure bottles, but not yet. Have found so many milk of magnesia though so someone was suffering.Lisa

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
It's fun to learn about them! Care to show some photos, Lisa? That sounds pretty awesome. Know when the camp was broken-up?

LisaTammy

Reaction score
Bear, it seems like the camp broke up about 1940. At least that's what it seems from the two cars I've dug lol. When I talk about a lumber camp up here it was actually a big place with woman and children,etc.. Th pics would be boring as I like to bury as I dig. I have found some nice art deco soda's, milks, etc. Now that I am about 5 feet down I am hitting crockery. There is even a stone lined well on the property so they must have lived there a while. This is a pretty big dump. The spot I am in right now, if you don't watch you step you can sink a foot or more from all the cans under there. It's been pretty fun all in all. The place is in the woods now and there is always a ton of wildlife around me. The robins love to sit in the trees and dive down and grab the big grubs I dig up. Haven't seen any of your brother bears though.Lisa

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
Res1cue, better hurry as school's starting soon. Then comes time to hibernate. :D
Lisa, this sounds incredibly awesome! Are the cars complete? Care to show some finds where you find them (still right where you picked them out) and cleaned up?
Speaking of cars, is this a taillight? I dug down and found this in the moundside. Also, where the pops turn up, was a large nest of ants... as a cub, I fell into a nest once and it didn't go well. I'll speak more on what stopped me from getting far in in the next few posts. Still. Awesome time down there. In the first second of looking at this, I thought it was an insulator.

Attachments

• d8490cd9cfa747aaab80b6a0770cf128.jpg
    d8490cd9cfa747aaab80b6a0770cf128.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 80
  • ae5db63300dd47bbb6fc9adc41c2fe55.jpg
    ae5db63300dd47bbb6fc9adc41c2fe55.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 86
  • 8191ff4e0a724546a7e07cd27c113509.jpg
    8191ff4e0a724546a7e07cd27c113509.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 78

Members online

No members online now.