Found ANOTHER dump..

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Oldtimer

Reaction score
This one is fairly old, and never dug as far as I can see...[:D]I pulled these tops out of the pine needles about 6" down.. I am going back with much bug repellent, and gloves/diggerers. I cut my finger getting these out..[;)]

Li21175.jpg

Maine Digger

Reaction score
Hi Richard, since getting back from Montana, I went out digging a couple times. There's remains of a dump less than 1/2 mile from my house that I've known about for a couple of years and finally got permission to dig. I found, on the surface, just beneath leaves, a Fellows Syrup of Hypophosphites, Lydia Pinkham's Vegitable Compound, Royal Gall Remedy, Cs Stoddard Manufacturing Chemists, NY and a minature cast iron wood fired kitchen stove. Unfortunately the better part of the dump was filled in years ago and covered with lawn, and the portion in the woods is pretty much a rock pile, but I'll go back. The second dig was at a dump I dug 2 years ago behind a golf course less than a mile away. I had pretty much dug it out and had given up on it due to their bulldozing a road right across the top of it. Just for the heck of it, I scratched around an area I hadn't dug to carefully before; and yahoo a nice find! [:D]About 18'' into the bank I found a mint amber Ladies Leg style Cherry Malt Phosphites by Scott & Bowne, New York, A Hoyt's German Cologne, silver spoon and enough traces/broken bits to make me want to go back. I would have dug more, but we're having the worst mosquito season we've had in years! I had to tie myself to a nearby tree because they kept lifting me off the ground![:mad:] But it goes to show, a lot of those areas we think are dug out might still have something to offer. Sounds like you're having the same problem with the 'Vampires" down there in NH![8D] I took pictures, but the computer is acting up, and won't accept the files, [:eek:]will post later.

Oldtimer

Reaction score
Dadburned rotten little whippersnapper kids!!!

EVERY BOTTLE IN THIS DUMP WAS BROKEN!!!!!! NEAT LITTLE PILES OF GLASS!!! BROKEN!!!!! I ripped it all to hel! and found ZIP!!! Just piles of broken glass. PILES of it.

I took some more proof home..The embossed panel reads: " Medical supply co./ (missing)-teed full quart" Oh I am pissed.

Bz78135.jpg

Attachments

• Bz78135.jpg
    Bz78135.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 87

Maine Digger

Reaction score
Hey, it might not have been 'kids' who broke those bottles. A couple other possibilities are 1. The bottles may have been broken before they were dumped, perhaps so more could fit in the container used to transport them. 2. Somebody might have beaten you to the dump.[:mad:] I usually place broken discards in a pile and cover them over when I finish digging a dump. I've come across some like yours that I suspect were dug back in the 60's when digging eas all the craze[;)]

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter