Found Duraglas Bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

pistolpete

Reaction score
Found this bottle yesterday. Anybody have any info for me...Please excuse my ignorance, just started finding bottles in the creek in my backyard...really think it's cool...Pete

E900206D0F0E4593BDB5811E3A4CC539.jpg

Attachments

• E900206D0F0E4593BDB5811E3A4CC539.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 78

mr.fred

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: pistolpete

Found this bottle yesterday. Anybody have any info for me...Please excuse my ignorance, just started finding bottles in the creek in my backyard...really think it's cool...Pete

Appears to be a Beer Bottle[:)]--your by no means ignorant !---learning is what we are All still doing[;)]-----it's part of the Bottle Bug Habit [sm=lol.gif]

pistolpete

Reaction score
OK...so nothing special...just a modern day beer bottle. Feel a little stupid, but I guess just need to do more research.

TJSJHART

Reaction score
WELCOME TO THE FORUM,,, BY NO MEANS ARE THERE STUPID QUESTIONS ...THERES NO BETTER WAY TO LEARN THEN TO ASK THEM...WHAT KIND OF BOTTLES ARE YOU INTERESTED IN COLLECTING ?

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
BY NO MEANS ARE THERE STUPID QUESTIONS .
If I throw a bottle really hard at a granite boulder and hit it, do you think the bottle will break?[:)]
Anyway, that form was common for a few beers but Schlitz really comes to mind.

pistolpete

Reaction score
Well...I've always been a civil war buff, and just liked old things. I now work at Oxford College of Emory University and many of the buildings were used as civil war hosptials, plus there are a couple confederate cemetaries. Also, Sherman marched through here. So my son and I have been digging around in a creek, and began to dig up bottles. We found an old Lubin perfume bottle, and an old snuff bottle...I just thought it was cool, but of course know nothing about these things. So here I am.

By the Way, Cowseatmaize, sometimes when you throw a bottle at a rock really hard it just bounces back and hits you in the face...been there, done that

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
By the Way, Cowseatmaize, sometimes when you throw a bottle at a rock really hard it just bounces back and hits you in the face...been there, done that
I never had that happen. As a kid I used to line them up and throw small chunks of granite at them and the rocks would bounce of to the side.
.I just thought it was cool, but of course know nothing about these things. So here I am.
BTW, have you searched for the hospital bottles I mentioned in a previous post? It sure sounds like your in the right area. With the right permission you could be finding those, cathedral pickles, inks and other real spectacular stuff.
I'm not trying to take away from your finds so far, any bottle is a good bottle (especially as a father/son endeavor) but somewhere around there you and your boy are bound to hit some pieces of history that will make my jaw drop. I know it's there somewhere.
Keep up the search, they may just be a little deeper.

pistolpete

Reaction score
I actually plan on throwing on the jeans and boots to walk the creek. Most of the creek banks are too covered in brush to get down, so i want to just walk it. I also am trying to get into the basements of these old buildings. The college is notorious for throwing things in boxes and putting them in a deep dark corner...I'll keep you posted.

dmagave

Reaction score
lucky 7,lucky 13 AND a 0 on a duraglas bottle...great find!

pistolpete

Reaction score
What do those numbers mean? Are some numbers more unique to find than others?

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dvergatal