Found & Sold within a few hours!!!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

epackage

Reaction score
Went down to the South River Show and met some members from here and Charlies site for the first time, this is my second trip to that show and it paid off well. I added 4 new Paterson's(pic's when cleaned up) and 5 other I have too, and on the way out I found this YPM bottle that is said to come from the USA Hospital Mold in a really nice honey amber color from what I had remembered seeing on E-Bay before.

I remembered it selling in the $150 range and when I saw it for $75 on the table I asked if he could do better, he said $50 and I snapped it up it up figuring even if I was wrong it's a nice looking bottle for that price. You can see about 3 spots where the original mold embossing was peened out, the bottle if a 9.9 out of 10 with just a little hazing that will clean right up, I checked the old listing and sure enough my ability to remember useless info had paid off because the last one did sell for right around $150 back in August.

I copied the listing and put it up for $75 and a BIN of $200 figuring at $75 it covered my gas and tolls...WELL 9 minutes and 20 seconds later I got an e-mail from E-Bay stating it had sold at the BIN price of $200 and I was elated because the buyer has been searching for one since she lost out on the one back in August....

It covered the $85 I spent on bottles along with my gas, tolls, dinner and left me with about $40 in my pocket to boot. People have always been amazed at my ability to remember "useless info" and this time it paid off and made a great day at a bottle show even better. It was nice to meet Ernest, John and Ratzilla for the first time but I missed Ken(KBbottles) and I didn't notice John(oldihtractor) because I was looking for his normal set or coveralls and he threw me a curve ball wearing jeans and a sweatshirt which I saw in Charlie's pic's.

As always it was great to see Charlie and finally to see his lovely bride in person(lucky man Charlie is)and Connor with his Mom manning his table while he was out searching for stuff for his collection( Bad Boy!!)[8D]. He even had the balls to have his amber yellow and cobalt inks out for display purposes right at the tables edge, WHICH I DON'T RECOMMEND IN THE FUTURE, put then in some sort of display case just in case someone has clumsy hands[;)].

Charlie and Connor both said they did well in sales and in getting stuff they needed, make sure to check out their posts about the show, Connor added another super rare Thomas Patent example from Orange(only about 25 known bottles with this stopper style). I also missed meeting Deep Digger(Grrrrrrrrr mad at myself) but I don't think he had anything Paterson for me from what I heard. It was also nice to run into my 2 bottle Guru's Tom and Jim Jack who weren't there selling but there enjoying themselves and doing a little buying. They both thanked me for having their backs about the bottle cleaning method which is nice to here, I like having Good Karma with two long time diggers who have given me more bottles for my collection than any other sellers since I started.

Also ran into Mike(slag pile digger) and as always he had a free bottle for me whcih is starting to bother me because I don't find anything from up his way to return the favor, he has a quart hutch coming his way from my collection now though. Also ran into Greg(bottle34nut) which caught me by surprise because he didn't let me know he was coming or I would have had the bottle he's getting in a trade with me for an example of a Boyle hutch I need....

Ok rambling now, pic's to come once the bottles are cleaned up, here's the YPM that sold to cover my nut on the day, the pic doesn't do it justice as the embossing is perfect and strong and the applied lip is right on the money.....Jim

32F21F51BE5B469A8DED69A53B90DBBE.jpg

Attachments

• 32F21F51BE5B469A8DED69A53B90DBBE.jpg
    32F21F51BE5B469A8DED69A53B90DBBE.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 60

Penn Digger

Reaction score
Good for you Jim! No harm in covering your expenses. They're only worth what somebody is willing to pay?

PD

epackage

Reaction score
Thanx Tom, I'm happy I had my eyes open on the way out, I got lucky and found an oddball Paterson for $5 as well...[;)]

epackage

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: mr.fred

Alright Jim[:)]-----keep the fever down and keep buying![8D] ~Fred.
I'm doing my best Fred...[;)]

epackage

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: towhead

Awesome! -Julie
Thanx Julie, it's nice to be the Windshield instead of the Bug for once....[8D]

div2roty

Reaction score
Often good deals to be had at shows. At the Baltimore show (loaded obviously with knowledgeable bottle people) I picked up a bottle marked on sale for $100, around 1 PM (well after the show started). I was very confident it would sell for at least $150-170 on ebay. I ended up getting just over $350 for it. Doubt I'll get that lucky this year, but you never know.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen