Found these old bottles at local Estate sale.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

whitefish

Reaction score
I collect bottles from my hometown of Big Rapids Mich. including beers. The funny thing is I live in Nevada and rely on other Michigan collectors and ebay to find my stuff. Because of my situation and the obvious rarity of these bottles I have never been afraid of paying an honest price for a good bottle. I have noticed I usually get bottles for less on ebay simply because they are offered to a larger market that may not be aware of or even hold the same value as I do to a particular bottle. I think it's always better to try and build a network of collectors that you can deal with that are familiar with the locality and rarity of a particular bottle. I think you have started that network with this post as I have seen a few friendly posts from other Michigan collectors including myself.
So if you ever come across anything from Big Rapids feel free to email me or post on this site, and if I find anything you might be interested in I'll be sure to do the same. Of course the odds of me finding something out here are...well I wouldn't bet on it.[:D]

druggistnut

Reaction score
Hi Brian and Leon,
Leon, I answered your email.
Here's a couple pics of the Schindehette bottle (quart).
I collect Bay City, Saginaw, East & West Saginaw stuff, too.
Brian- you, Paul, Leon, Tom, Scott and I need to hit some spots I have in mind, BUT, I have to wait until I heal from this hernia surgery I had two days ago. Grrr
Bill

B8EDE51E995441C7B4E9258978FC9403.jpg

Attachments

• B8EDE51E995441C7B4E9258978FC9403.jpg
    B8EDE51E995441C7B4E9258978FC9403.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 52

druggistnut

Reaction score
Brian,
Your Beebe & Braddock (undamaged) could go anywhere from 300-600.00
Jeff Scharnowske had one on eBay a while back and no one would bid on it.
I know of about about 10 folks that have them.
It's a great bottle, and it came in an aqua gravitator, as well.
Bill

hemihampton

Reaction score
Bill, Nice to here from you. Never seen the Shindhette bottle. Let me know when feeling better & want to dump? Whitefish, I see Grand Rapids bottles around but not Big Rapids. LEON.

sweetrelease

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: hemihampton

I guess I may have gotten my Answer, Some people said look for what they sell for on ebay to get a Idea of Value. Problem is they rarely sell or seen on ebay. I finally seen a Biewers Brewery bottle from Mt Clemens just like my bottle sell on ebay last week for $56+. With heavy interest & snipping at end. I guess the common $5 or $10 bottle comments were a little off? LEON.
oh my god you have some issues my man[;)]after all this time you still have been waiting for these bottles to sell higher then $5-10. holy crap ,now that is some crasy stuff there[8|].well i'm glad you got to see what you were looking for (the price range) ,matt

hemihampton

Reaction score
Sweetrelease, on top of page 2 you say I wont like what I see on ebay & if I do come back here & stick it in your face. Well, I'm here to say I'm sticking it in your face. If you have no clue on Michigan bottle Values keep your comment to youself.

sweetrelease

Reaction score
wow good for you! but you might want to do other things my man[8|].you might be takin this whole bottle thing a "little" too crasy!!!but i guess in the end you showed us all ,you are the michigan bottle "man" lol.holy sh*t people are funny.,matt

hemihampton

Reaction score
I'm sensing some Sarcasm[sm=kiss.gif][sm=kiss.gif][sm=kiss.gif]

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sneaky Pete