Found this chunk of what looks like a soda

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Newfie treasure hunter

Reaction score
Does anyone have any ideas about what this bottle was or how old? It is only a fragment but it made me very curious. Also the writing is cut in half but it looks to say "drink and enjoy" and then a cut in half word that says "rages". Any ideas?
20210502_125020.jpg

Reactions: RCO

RCO

Reaction score
Does anyone have any ideas about what this bottle was or how old? It is only a fragment but it made me very curious. Also the writing is cut in half but it looks to say "drink and enjoy" and then a cut in half word that says "rages". Any ideas?View attachment 224549

its a soda bottle but not from Newfoundland , its from Sydney Nova Scotia

bottler called " Havelock Beverages " , be around 40's or 50's era when that bottle used

that style of bottle used all over Canada but not used much on the east coast , not aware of any bottlers in Newfoundland using it

havelock-sydneyN.jpeg

Newfie treasure hunter

Reaction score
its a soda bottle but not from Newfoundland , its from Sydney Nova Scotia

bottler called " Havelock Beverages " , be around 40's or 50's era when that bottle used

that style of bottle used all over Canada but not used much on the east coast , not aware of any bottlers in Newfoundland using it

View attachment 224552
Holy! Thanks so much! (Man I wish that bottle was whole now)

Newfie treasure hunter

Reaction score
I don't think its very common , I only found out that version existed cause a fellow member of site posted it a while back .

even if yours wasn't broke , without the red / white paint its value be very limited
Yes that is very true
Usually when I find bottles like that they have the label still on, but when I wipe the dirt off the paint goes to dust.
Not shure how to avoid this or not

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Yes that is very true
Usually when I find bottles like that they have the label still on, but when I wipe the dirt off the paint goes to dust.
Not shure how to avoid this or not
I've heard that if you don't wipe them off and leave them to dry out the paint can stay on better, but never tried it myself.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
angieb1229