Found This Hutch In My Local Antique Store..HELP!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Bixel

Reaction score
In my opinion, that chip hurts it a lot. I dont know about that area, but unless it was a high dollar bottle around here, it would hurt the value probably 50%

tsalz14

Reaction score
Thanks a lot for sharing Bixel. I'm going to certainly be rethinking making the purchase now.

TedNuggent

Reaction score
RED Matthews said:
Sp I have six or so hutches. Two were for an old town drug store - and I think they were sales mans samples. I have a couple others, just for discussion. One has the stopper. RED M.
salesman's......If you cannot spell, I lose interest very quicky, you should know this.

hemihampton

Reaction score
I think Ted was just repeating what Red said to him. LEON.

dw3000

Reaction score
In another thread? If so, then the comment is out of context here and seems petty and condescending. And "quickly" is spelled wrong.

RED Matthews

Reaction score
I have a tendency to buy these bottles in the 5 to 20 price range. Depending on the lalck of chips and or weather the stopper is in them or not. All to often the stopper will bo the inside bottom of te bottle. To some collector friends I have sold some when the oiffer poeases me. My main objective is to study the marks of early bottle making methods as their work changed through the years of hand made glass items. RED Matthews

2find4me

Reaction score
If it was me I would buy both those hutches, but definitely offer less on the Hallett Table Water Co. because of the damage. It is still a high dollar hutch with the damage though.The John Clancy is an unlisted version in the hutchbook and from the pictures it almost looks like Clancy is spelled "Clancey"? A spelling error could make it even more valuable. Be sure to check its condition.

2find4me

Reaction score
My fault, that John Clancey version is listed in the hutchbook as rare.

Latest posts

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClaireS