WW2 relicts in my back yard / coke & bullets

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

logan.the.collector

Reaction score
I believe my reply glitched, so I had to edit this but... that photo of the soldiers drinking the Coca-Cola in WWII way up in this thread is awesome. @YoloBottles would find that one really interesting

Reaction score
Let me kick this off with a friendly “Grüß Gott” from Germany!

Two weeks ago my boys were picking trash along the embankment of a road near our house. The money they collect for returning the bottles is then spent on sweets - classical win-win-situation :) Even the dentist is happy … Deposit on bottles in Germany range from 8 ct for glass beer bottles to 25 ct for single use plastic bottles.

Here the bottle was found in the scrubb below the road:
View attachment 221813

When they returned with their bags I helped them sort through it and clean the bottles. The very dirty coke bottle caught my eye and I told the boys not to take this one to the store.

I never had seen one of these so I checked all the markings and asked Google.

Greenish Glass, reading:

CocaCola
Trade Mark Registered
min. contents 6 fl oz
View attachment 221807

on the other side it says:
CocaCola
Trade Mark Registered
Bottle Pat D-105529
View attachment 221808

and below that, at the waist

60L44
View attachment 221809

the bottom:

LYNN MASS
View attachment 221810

What I found out so far is that the year of production is 1944 and it was produced in Lynn, Massachusetts.

How did the bottle end up here? After all, I am writing from southern Germany.
My home town Stuttgart was conquered by French troops on 04/21/1945. During the war there were more than 50 air raids on the city, and most of it had been reduced to rubble. In the west there is still a whole hill of piled up debris. The focus was on the south of the city with its airfield. And that is where we live right now. Some time back in the meadows behind our house, we also found a .50 cal casing which was produced in 1944 in Illinois. This one probably was fired by an US plane during one of the attacks on the city.

The meadows with a freshly cut tree:View attachment 221811

The casing & the bottle:
View attachment 221812

The French troops were joined by US troops in July 1945, who have significant bases in our area to this day.

I hope you enjoed the little story. If you have some more info on this particular bottle please share.

All the best for ya'll

TobiView attachment 221807View attachment 221808View attachment 221809View attachment 221810View attachment 221811View attachment 221812View attachment 221813Mine broke :(

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 94

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fancy2cu