Found this morning

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Backyard goldmine

Reaction score
I went out this morning into my yard and found these where the water moved some dirt around for me. I haven’t cleaned them up, clearly, but it doesn’t look like any of them have makers marks on them.

Attachments

• 1E444188-D0D6-4A59-8447-9364266162E5.jpeg
    1E444188-D0D6-4A59-8447-9364266162E5.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 99

RCO

Reaction score
looks like the typical stuff you'd find in a 30's or 40's era dump site , there is likely makers marks on the bottom

for that era unless the bottle has a town or city name on it , not really collectable , and its mostly just milk jugs or hard to find soda's that would be collectable

although always fun to dig up a new site cause you never really know whats there to find

Backyard goldmine

Reaction score
looks like the typical stuff you'd find in a 30's or 40's era dump site , there is likely makers marks on the bottom

for that era unless the bottle has a town or city name on it , not really collectable , and its mostly just milk jugs or hard to find soda's that would be collectable

although always fun to dig up a new site cause you never really know whats there to find
probably almost half of the stuff I find has no makers mark on them and probably half of them without makers marks only have what I’m assuming are mold numbers on the bottoms. So maybe 1/4 of what I find have no markings on them at all. Everything I’ve been able to date by makers marks are pre 1930.

Backyard goldmine

Reaction score
I went out this morning into my yard and found these where the water moved some dirt around for me. I haven’t cleaned them up, clearly, but it doesn’t look like any of them have makers marks on them.
So the ink bottle looks like it has a pontoon on it. It’s also threaded and the seam stops before the threads. The brown bottle has a Pontic on it too, I believe. Along with the rings that the mold put on the bottom of the bottle but the seams go all the way up to the top of the lip. I’m getting confused. From what I’ve read, those things don’t happen together.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 66
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 70
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 70
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 71
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 71

nhpharm

Reaction score
That is an Owens scar (early machine made), not a pontil. Looks like most of the stuff you are in is 1910-1920. Keep digging-looks like there could be some good stuff!

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aarhar75