Framed pot lids

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Lynne Clark

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I have received this request from a potential buyer of a nicely framed pot lid:

"Can you please remove the paper from the back of the frame and provide a
photograph of the reverse side as pot lids sold like this are often damaged
sometimes to such an extent that they become worthless"

of course I can do that, but the framing is in excellent condition, won't taking the backing off ruin it?

As collectors, what do you think, would you want to receive a framed lid in perfect framing or would you want to be able to see the back of the lid?

thanks for your advice

--------------------------------

TROG

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Lynne Clark

Hi everyone, I have received this request from a potential buyer of a nicely framed pot lid:

"Can you please remove the paper from the back of the frame and provide a
photograph of the reverse side as pot lids sold like this are often damaged
sometimes to such an extent that they become worthless"

of course I can do that, but the framing is in excellent condition, won't taking the backing off ruin it? 

As collectors, what do you think, would you want to receive a framed lid in perfect framing or would you want to be able to see the back of the lid? 

thanks for your advice

--------------------------------

Hi Lynne ,

I collect Pot Lids and if I was looking at buying one that was framed I would certainly want to see if there was any damage as like your potential buyer has asked many of these lids that are framed have been done so because they have damage to the edges or flange which generally gets hidden in these frames.

David

Lynne Clark

Reaction score
Thanks David, I've taken all the backs off, and there are some minor faults to the flanges, and one has a hairline that wasn't visible from the front, so just as well I took them off.

Sigh. It may be better to buy in lids that are not framed in future, but I do think they look nice in their frames. These ones have now all fallen out of the frames, and will have to be sold unframed. [:eek:]

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
louieb583