Free Dr Townsend *

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
I bet you thought you just got lucky.[:)]

Here is the Dr Townsend I won in the AB&GC 2012 writing contest. I have never dug a "whole" one of these baby's but I was lucky enough to dig some cool colored pieces over the years.

Thank's to John Pastor for this beautiful first place prize. Now I have a whole one! [:D]

D1D2CFA26BA343E5B41CC1E40F1AA135.jpg

Attachments

• D1D2CFA26BA343E5B41CC1E40F1AA135.jpg
    D1D2CFA26BA343E5B41CC1E40F1AA135.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 63

FitSandTic

Reaction score
Beautiful bottle I found one in a house about ten years ago but it had the weak embossing. I ended up selling it that is one heck of a prize to win congrats!

coldwater diver

Reaction score
Congratulations! That is a beautiful bottle, and a great prize. I have only found shards as well.

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: atticfinds

Beautiful bottle I found one in a house about ten years ago but it had the weak embossing. I ended up selling it that is one heck of a prize to win congrats!

Thanx
Wow that must have been an exciting find. Was your pontiled? This one has the sand pontil.

cacarpetbagger

Reaction score
Congrats, Townsend's are great bottles. I hear a New England guy is trying to catalog all the different molds.

Penn Digger

Reaction score
Real nice Rick! Good for you. Please keep your stories coming. I always enjoy reading them.

PD

FitSandTic

Reaction score
Hey Rick I am Travis the Townsends was pontiled. It had a sand chip pontil, it also had a weird mold mark on one corner. I really do not know how to explain it. The guy who bought it new exactly what mold it was. Townsends and Wisharts are really cool bottles you could build a killer collection off either one of those. By the way I really like the purple flask you dug, will you be at Baltimore?

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: atticfinds

Hey Rick I am Travis the Townsends was pontiled. It had a sand chip pontil, it also had a weird mold mark on one corner. I really do not know how to explain it. The guy who bought it new exactly what mold it was. Townsends and Wisharts are really cool bottles you could build a killer collection off either one of those. By the way I really like the purple flask you dug, will you be at Baltimore?

What purple flask? I dug that so long ago I "almost" forgot about it [:D]

Yes Dave (Badger) and I go every year. We will be there.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TDF.1973