Free Massachusetts Sanborns

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

delphinis

Reaction score
Hi Everyone
I found a library that has free online access to Sanborn maps. The link is :http://www.pittsfieldlibrary.org/online_databases.html
Scroll down to digital Sanborn maps and there are two accesses, library access and home access. According to the website you need a library card # to log in to the home access but I clicked on it for the heck of it and it gave me access without asking for a library card #. Don't know if this is a glitch that the library staff doesn't know about or not but thought I'd let the forum know before they discover it if it is a mistake. Only downside is that Massachusetts is the only state they subscribe to. It's too bad that they don't subscribe to all the states so that more forum members can benefit from this. The maps can be downloaded as PDF's.

Anthony

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
Northwestern Pa. (Near scenic Lake Perfidy)
Anthony,...I think that's great that you posted the link for folks here....Even if I can't use them, I'll give you a big thumbs up.
m6.gif

delphinis

Reaction score
Thanks Joe. I figured why not share a good thing. This forum consists of a great group of people who have helped me, a newcomer to the hobby, learn alot about antique bottles. Anyone else on this forum would have done the same. Thanks for all the help everyone.

Anthony

delphinis

Reaction score
I found another site that has some maps. These are not Sanborn's. They were made by G.M. Hopkins & Co out of philidelphia but they look much the same. The nice thing about these ones is that they are in color whereas the Sanborn's from the last link are in black and white. Unfortunatly this link will be of help to fewer people than the last link I provided because it only covers Essex county in Massachusetts. The link is as follows: http://www.salemdeeds.com/atlases.asp

Anthony

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tina Luallen