Friday's Dig Videos...

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Staunton Dan

Reaction score
There are 8 videos here. Had a pretty good day. Also, will post some stills a little later. Remember that I'm digging with one hand and taking the video with the other, so sometimes the bottles are out of frame. I did note one error although there are probably more. The Ayers bottle was made in a post mold, not a hinge mold which would be earlier than the 1890 period that I think the one I dug is from. Still a neat Sarsasprilla bottle. Sometimes when I'm digging, taking pictures and trying to talk, my tongue covers my eye teeth and I can't see what I'm saying. [:D] Hope you like the videos.

1st Video

2nd Video

3rd Video

4th Video

5th Video

6th Video

7th Video

8th Video

Staunton Dan

Reaction score
Thanks for the cudos. What most don't understand is that many of my digs are 7 hours long so it seems like I'm digging bottles right and left all of the time. However, it's not impossible for me to go an hour or more without finding a keeper. I dig 2-3 times a week whether it's 35 degrees or 100. Do I enjoy what I do. You betcha.

madman

Reaction score
GREAT FINDS AND VIDS THANKS FOR SHARING!

Staunton Dan

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Alaska

Dan, i found a "ROBERT HILL" blob in my dump, you ever dig one?

The only one that I have ever found had the top knocked off or had a crack in it or something like that. It should be a good bottle. Nice find.

Plumbata

Reaction score
Spectacular digs wayseeker Dan! I was watching the videos without sound (had the cell charger in the socket where the speaker plug normally resides) and in the 4th video i saw that awesome 8 ounce (?) Allen with wicked fancy block lettering pop out. When you tossed it on the ground I thought there was some damage not visible to us viewers, so i had to hear your commentary. Hehe, you know my tastes well; it is a beautiful bottle and by far my favorite of the dig (that beer is great too though).

That is one heckuva dumpsite, as stated more-or-less verbatim several times before, and i am glad that you took the time to share it with us. How many more years worth of digging (at the average rate you have been digging so far) do you think it will continue to produce?

sandchip

Reaction score
Great videos. That blue ink was about to kill me!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foothillsarchaeology