Full 100+ year old Beer. Drink Up?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

hemihampton

Reaction score
Picked up a new Beer Bottle for the Collection. Probably dates to around 1900 & still Full (half full) of Beer. Anybody want to do a taste test? Out of my about 30 different Mt. Clemens Beer Bottles this one was a different variation I've been looking for. LEON.

P1030398.JPG
P1030400.JPG

jwpevahouse

Reaction score
Picked up a new Beer Bottle for the Collection. Probably dates to around 1900 & still Full (half full) of Beer. Anybody want to do a taste test? Out of my about 30 different Mt. Clemens Beer Bottles this one was a different variation I've been looking for. LEON.

View attachment 248754View attachment 248755
It was common during prohibition to use old bottles for home brew. Also, every bottle digger has found those Hires Extract bottles used to make root beer at home. Old beer bottles were universally used until recent times. That's why it's not unusual to find older bottles in later dumps.

hemihampton

Reaction score
It was common during prohibition to use old bottles for home brew. Also, every bottle digger has found those Hires Extract bottles used to make root beer at home. Old beer bottles were universally used until recent times. That's why it's not unusual to find older bottles in later dumps.

True, it was, BUT, I don't think this Bottle was refilled during prohibition. Why? Here in my area most of the ones I've seen refilled were Prohibition Beer Bottles. The ones that sold non alcoholic beer or what was known as 1/2% of 1% during the 1920's. these would have a Brewery name on bottle but instead of saying Brewery it would be substituted with Beverage Company or Products Company instead of saying Brewery. Also these were ABM crown tops with a lightning stopper instead of a crown cap. If not then mostly likely a 19teens abm crown top Beer Bottle would be reused. These Mt. Clemens Brewery Quarts come in a abm crown top & pint crown tops & would of been much more likely used to refill in the 1920's prohibition then a Bimal Blob Top probably predating 1905. Mt. Clemens did make prohibition near Beer. I have one of there labels from Prohibition & pre prohibition. LEON.

PearlFoamLabel2.jpg
PearFoamLabelPrePro.jpg

hemihampton

Reaction score
If the Beer or Peas make us Sick we can chase it down with this Peckham's Remedy. It's a cure All for everything. LEON.

PeckhamsRemedyHastingsMich.JPG

historic-antiques

Reaction score

View attachment 248754View attachment 248755
You can be sure that's "aged" to perfection!!! Ha, ha! Great find!!!

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen