g f plitt and coke soda water

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Trying not to break it

Reaction score
hi everyone, havn't found much digging lately. in desperation i bought some bottles today. one is ...g. f. plitt, bottler, york, pa. bim, d.o.c. bottle mark on heel. i got this because i still have relatives in york, pa. the other is a coke soda water, embossed on base, florida, and a star. the coke is one that the seams go almost to the top, then stop and then start again about 1/2" over and go to the top.both need a good tumble. any information as to value and age would be greatly appreciated. thanks for looking, rhona

Ig12715.jpg

cobaltbot

Reaction score
According to the York bottle book G.F. Plitt was in business for a long time and one of the few york ventures to survive the prohibition and continued until 1980! He started about 1900 and was using York City Bottling Works on his bottles but switched to G.F. Plitt around 1905. He bottled lots of sodas and beer so there are hutches, seltzers, mug base beers, etc. There are also some ACL sodas like Chero cola, Nehi, and Royal Crown with his name on them. The book also states they had two cars, one in the shape of Chero cola and one like a Nehi they used to drive around in the 20's -30's. The DOC likely stands for the D.O.Cunningham Glass Company a Pittsburgh Company owned by Dominec O'Conner Cunningham that made lots of the early bottles used in York County.

Trying not to break it

Reaction score
hi colbaltbot, thanks for looking and the information on the co. with the co. infor. and the infor. on the d.o.c. co., this bottle should date between 1905 and 1910. thanks again , rhona

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
angieb1229