G or C Lomax soda

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Bottleworm

Reaction score
I would be interested in buying it at the right price.

oaks6810

Reaction score
for sale..? Maybe. Yeah it is the best example of a crisp clean, C Lomax I have ever seen. Toss out a #?

Road Dog

Reaction score
John A Lomax was born in 1825 England. In 1855 he sold his property for half interest in the soda business. G Lomax (George Lomax) was his son and was manager at one point and eventually ran the business later.

glass man

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: oaks6810

Some nice stuff.

06761E37D44A41D883DC33FE77F6ADE3.jpg

Are you asking 45 dollars on the green barrel?JAMIE

oaks6810

Reaction score
To make it clear, none of this is mine , I'm not the one selling. To make a long story short. A local antique shop came into tons of super nice glass. These are pics I took last week of some of the nicer stuff. Also same spot I bought the C Lomax. Lots has been sold in last week that I know! Yeah the green barrel was 45.00 Man I wish I had more money to spend that day[&o]..!

riverdiver

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I know nothing of this bottle or the mold specifics, so that being said, the "C" in Chicago seems to match the "C" in the name line, why do some of you think the mold was full of glass or that the mold maker made a mistake, the two "C's" seem to be the same to me.

Just an observation with a question, not looking for a fight, just an education. :)

Thanks for your time if you respond!

oaks6810

Reaction score
My Opinion..... I agree that it was not a cloged mold. The C looks to clean. Your right looks just like the C in Chi. No one seems to be able to find any record of a C Lomax bottling soda in Chicago in 1850-60's?... We have records of George Lomax bottlin soda at that time. Also the letters C and G are very similar in shape, I could see a mistake being made. My opinion is it is an error of some type, like someone said the mold maker got confused. Another thing that I was looking at is the , "whats the word"? , the slug plate stamp? The embossing is very thick and heavy the corners are sharp not rounded off like most all embossing ya see. One could allmost cut them selves its so sharp! Could mean it is earlyer? Was it one of the first one to come out of the mold??? As time went on would the mold ware down and give you more of the lighter weeker rounded off embossing??? Interesting stuff.. I now I'm beating this topic to death but I enjoy investigating this kind of stuff. Thanks for all the help everyone.[:)]

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy Collie