gas station stuff

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

epgorge

Reaction score
learn how to spell...idiot

I have been an editor for twenty years and I don't see anything wrong with LC's spelling.

Having bad day bottleboi?
Joel

LC

Reaction score
Hey Joel, didnt know a person was expected to be perfect in order to be on this site, had I known, I might not have joined up. I have to admit, I do get in a hurry sometimes, and will make errors. But I promise I will try to be perfect for Bottlboy4419 in the next life.
Thanks again for the help with the pictures. It really is simple to use, just got in too big of a hurry I guess. Blasted computer blew up the other evening. I hooked an old one back up that I had before. My DSL does not want to work part of the time, as well as My keyboard. For example, the explanation mark and the number one. but it will work off of the keypad alright. Weird.... I guess it is time to go buy a new one.

epgorge

Reaction score
I am in the same boat. I bought a really expensive and way ahead of its time computer about 7 years ago and it is now totally outdated. It doesn't like things like DSL and upgrades, and you need to be an engineer to keep it running. That's ok I am old Yankee and tend to wear things out before I get a new one.

LC, comments like the one above are very few and far between in this forum. Most people are very sensitive to one anothers feelings, which is good. When someone does get out of line from time to time, there is somone else there to quickly calm the situation. We are all of kindred spirit here. Welcome. And, welcome to Bottle boy too. This too will pass.

Joel

capsoda

Reaction score
Hey Joel and LC, Guess I'm in big trouble being a southern boy, not only is my spellin different but I talk a whole bunch different than you folks do. [sm=lol.gif]

Don't worry about it.
[:)]

Gunsmoke47

Reaction score
Hey Guys, I have read this and once again I have slapped my hands when they strayed to the keyboard. I just can't keep slapping them. It hurts! I try to stay out of confrontation. I believe the rude comment was directed at an 11 year old child. This alone is an act of an idiot. However , the said idiot may not realize that who he was responding to is a child . When people involve children it strikes a chord with me. I will get off my soapbox now, but Joel and LC, I do not believe the comment was directed at you. Bottleboy 4419, feel free to jump in here and correct me. Kelley Baker po box 2042 Pampa Texas 79066

tombstone

Reaction score
It seems to me that the correct interpretation of bottleboy's post is that we all learn to spell the word 'idiot'.
[:D]

LC

Reaction score
Hello Joel & Warren, as well as others. I am pretty toughed skinned, so the idiot comment did not really bother me, just didn't understand why it was made to begin with. And I do recall the Youngsters spelling was a bit rough, but he was a Child. Children do not deserve that kind of criticism at all. As far as I am concerned, the whole deal is history.
When it comes to computers, I know very little about them when it comes to solving problems. Stick me out in a wood working shop with power tools, and I can fix most any problem.
A little bit about Me, I have collected vintage bottles for roughly thirty yaers. As stated, Wood working is a hobby of mine as well as having many other areas of interest. I collect Vintage Lunchboxes, Toys, Gas & Oil Memorabilia, Hunting & Fishing Memororabilia and just about anything old that catches my eye. I also surface collect trilobites from the Ordivician Period. Take My advice, do not try and collect everything, too much stuff, and no where to display it. I am sending some pictures of some of the bottles I have as well as a picture of a wood knife I made in my shop. The knife measures three feet seven and a half inches in length in the closed position, working wood springs, with inlayed walnut bolsters and logo. When I finished that project and showed it to the Misses, she looked at me and informed me that I had entirely too much time on my hands......... Don't know what she meant by that....................

3BCFE4DFCE9D45D682E4DEFC5B9C08F7.jpg

Attachments

• 3BCFE4DFCE9D45D682E4DEFC5B9C08F7.jpg
    3BCFE4DFCE9D45D682E4DEFC5B9C08F7.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 68

LC

Reaction score
Here is a few more.

502875F4128C4170A761C78482FB3B8E.jpg

Attachments

• 502875F4128C4170A761C78482FB3B8E.jpg
    502875F4128C4170A761C78482FB3B8E.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 65

LC

Reaction score
And this is the wood knife. The Motorcycle was given away by the Case knife company a couple of years ago. They were touring with the Bike, showing it at different area location at stores that dealt is selling Case knives. They were here locally, and having a picture taken with it was an option for a charge of five bucks. Thought it would be neat to have a picture of the knife with the motorcycle, so I took it with me and had one taken. I hope the Guy who is in the picture does not scare anyone........................

7BBF6B78D96A4723B8FC737C87851A32.jpg

Attachments

• 7BBF6B78D96A4723B8FC737C87851A32.jpg
    7BBF6B78D96A4723B8FC737C87851A32.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 67

bubbas dad

Reaction score
wecome to the site LC and tristian. don't worry about stray comments like that. i don't know how it was intended but sometimes people post something without thinking about how it could be taken.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClaireS