gas station stuff

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

LC

Reaction score
Hello John, and thanks for the welcome. Wish I had not even made mention of the comment, the Gentleman may not have meant nothing by it at all. Doesn't matter. This is a very interesting site, I have learned quite a bit from many of the collectors comments, and have seen some beautiful pictures of a lot of fantastic bottles. I have not been out on the hunt for old bottles for quite a few years, but since I stumbled onto this site, my interests have been rekindled to a great extent. Waether here in Ohio today is beautiful. If I could think of a place to go hunting, I would probably be out there today doing so.

epgorge

Reaction score
Wow... drool drool drool, nice collection LC. Nice bike too. I wonder how the heck they ride it,but it looks good.

Not to digress but, Tristian also may speak English as a second language and if so I am quite impressed. Anyway, I would love to see more of your collection LC. I love pepper sauces.

Joel

LC

Reaction score
Thanks Joel, they are nothing compared to other collections I have seen. Sending one other picture of a few more of my junkers. With the help of a fellow member, I am trying to set up a website to display some of the many things I have collected over the years. It is going to take a while though, being I do not have the time at present to really get with it.
As for the Case Motorcycle, Case company gave this motorcycle away either last year or the years before in a drawing. I forgot to even fill out a chance to win the blasted thing when I went to see it. I built a chopper myself back in the 70s and rode for a few years myself. It looked nothing near as good as the Case Bike, but I had fun building it. They are really quite easy to ride, once to get used to them. I could ride one of those better than I could a stock bike. Take care for now, Lou

530586FB145541CEA2A2A7C9B24CAF15.jpg

Attachments

• 530586FB145541CEA2A2A7C9B24CAF15.jpg
    530586FB145541CEA2A2A7C9B24CAF15.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 63

epgorge

Reaction score
Lou,

I take it that is a mirror in the back of the shelf. Either that or you have two of everything. [8D]

I really like the cobalt scroll. Someday maybe.

Joel

LC

Reaction score
I do not believe it is cobalt just an extremely dark aqua Joel. It has either an iron or graphite pontil. It has a tiny knick at the top of the neck, other than that it is great.

capsoda

Reaction score
Well, I didn't see the word idiot anywhere before he put it in and I know Tristian and he is from another country, NEWFOUNDLAND, CANADA where people just might speak and spell a little differently.[8|][:-]

LC

Reaction score
Warren, I believe it was you or Joel that had made reference to the fact that Kristian is from another country, and that if that was so, his spelling was not all that bad considering our language would be secondary to him. I sold an item on eBay a couple of years ago to a fellow in Germany. We actually had a lot in common with each other and became quick freinds. He is constantly asking questions about things that go on in this country, and will compare them with the way of things in his country. He is quite an interesting fellow. His English and typing is terrible, and he is always apologizing to me for so many mispelled words. I never thought a thing about it, as I thought it was really good, the fact being that English is his secondary language. And besides, if Kristian typed me a note in his language, I would not be able to read it at all. I am always telling my friend Ingo in Germany the same thing. I have noticed over the couple years we have corresponded, that his english skills have improved quite a bit. The more you try, the more you learn, and the better you get at it. If Kristian stays interested in attempting to learn our language, and continues to try and improve, he will without doubt get better at it as time goes on. That was one of the reasons I was trying to get with him concerning his interests in Gas & Oil memorabilia. I found it interesting that a youngster as young as him was actually interested in something like that.

LC

Reaction score
I really like the cobalt scroll. Someday maybe.

Joel

Joel, I was going to mention something concerning the Scroll Flask you thought was cobalt. I guess it is possible it could be a light cobalt, but I have never seen one in cobalt. I was thinking that possibly someone tried to help the color along on this well by subjecting it to a black light. Usually it is easy to tell, the color will look imitation, or at least it does to me. Color does not look imitation on the flask to me at all. And yes, there is mirror behind the bottles in the cabinets. When I built the cabinets, I thought by putting mirror in the back ground that it might add more light to the inside of the cabinet. I do not believe it made any difference though. UHMMM, now that you mention it, it would be nice if they were doubles and not a reflection after all!

bubbas dad

Reaction score

Warren, I very much agree with you. Tristian states right up front that he’s from Newfoundland. bottle boy’s comment was uncalled for and reflects poorly on him. I’ve noticed on several forums I visit, that every once in awhile someone will post a nasty reply without a clue as to what they are commenting on. This seems to happen more and more. I do believe that sometimes a person will post a reply without realizing that it could be taken the wrong way. bottleboy’s comment definitely was not one of those. This is a great site and I would hate for this type of stuff become common here, but I seen it here a few times also. I believe someone was banned from here once for an incident that started similarly.

madman

Reaction score
ahh i thought we were talking about gas station stuff heres and old wax bottle from sohio wich was bought out later by bp enjoy mike

D5FBEC7A1DBC4DC68B0E54150893957C.jpg

Attachments

• D5FBEC7A1DBC4DC68B0E54150893957C.jpg
    D5FBEC7A1DBC4DC68B0E54150893957C.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 70

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member