German seal wine, historical need help.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

caitmeg10

Reaction score
Good evening all! I'm just checking back and I see that this thread has over 100 hits but no one has any information. :(

Is it becuase my baby has a busted lip? Is it not a worthy bottle? lol!

Give it to me straight!

annie44

Reaction score
Hi Patty,
All bottles are worthy! I don't know anything about your bottle, but I can tell you that the broken lip does effect the monetary value, and probably significantly. My guess, and it's only a guess, is that if the iron work is dated 1914, the bottle was made around the same time. (There's one on ebay right now, with a 1946 ironwork date.)
Cindy

caitmeg10

Reaction score
Hi Cindy.

I know. My broken lip is a problem but I was banking on the other aspects of my bottle to hold value. I'm just not ready to junk it yet. The "L" in the iron work is most probably crest of Prinzregent Luitpold von Bayern.

I couldn't not find the bottle on ebay that you refer to. I've found others but none with iron work. Would you be so kinds as to point me in that dirrection?
Many thanks,
Patty

Whisperingwinds

Reaction score
I dont like the other (on ebay) as much as yours tho.
Broken lip and all! lol Better design

ww

whiskeyman

Reaction score
PATTY.[/align]Your appears older than the eBay listed one and - the seal on yours is applied. [/align]As Anna stated the damage does hurt the value. [/align]It appears these were made over many years (judging from the eBay listed one), and they may not be all that rare. Depending on when & how many were made is the probelm when determining scarcity....and thus: value and historical significance.[/align]If you purchased it in a thrift shop, you most likely got a good buy and perhaps could make a few $$$s by selling it.[/align]One option: go to the eBay Germany collectible chat boards and inquire there. I did that once and they were most helpful.[/align]

caitmeg10

Reaction score
Thanks cindy, ww & wiskeyman for your help.

Wiskeyman: Do they speak english over there on the German board? I hope so, cause I don't speak german! :D

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmajeau