GETTING PERMISSION best technique????

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

kharrar

Reaction score
Hi All,

I was up to above 70 percent at getting permission with a simple cold call , introduce myself and I collect bottles by digging for them. After this I would ask to probe and address there concerns about "what ever". Main thing I heard was there is nothing back there. Usually I would just give them a bottle up front seems to brake down some barriers. Hand them my business card form work to show at least I have a job and live locally.

Please let me know your techniques my yes to no percentage has dropped to less than 50 percent; which is ok but you always wonder what was in the one that got away.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Karl in AZ

9362B07BF05B4D2CA050A14E4BD4575E.jpg

Attachments

• 9362B07BF05B4D2CA050A14E4BD4575E.jpg
    9362B07BF05B4D2CA050A14E4BD4575E.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 80

Caretaker maine

Reaction score
Karl, I do basicly the same thing, ask them, give them my buisness card, tell them about myself, they usually say there is nothing back there too, I'm rarely ever get turned down, I metal detect too and get turn down all the time for that, maybe people are wondering what treasures they have in their yard, I just hate when the Constuction firms say no, cause all the research goes for not and you know they are just going to cover it over[:eek:]

tombstone

Reaction score
They call it 'networking' nowadays, used to be 'socializing'. Based on the six degrees of separation theory, you go to events where there are people and introduce yourself. The friends you develop will have friends who can get you into a lot of places you otherwise couldn't bribe your way into. In smaller communities this will virtually eliminate cold calls.

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
Yea that is the toughest part of this hobby, I used to be nervous to knock on doors, but that went out the window quick, because with out permissions you wont dig many privies, sure you can dig abandon lots ect but soon that runs out too, what I do is shoot a prayer up before I head in to (battle) haha, its weird that this topic came up because last sat me and my digging buddy where out at some spots we dug before looking for the older and the younger privies in these yard's we found one but it was way new, all jars and all broken 1920s mabey the other pit in that yard we dug was a 1850s pit so they used that yard a longgggg time, there still is a 1870 some where in there, but we decided switch up and do a random (knock by) that's what we call them, lol its when you pick a house out, stop knock and do your thing what ever comes out comes out, and low and behold the lady said yes in a few minutes, we saw a plack on her neighbors door it said circa 1850 , hers was older so we got one lined up, to probe, and a 1900 even to dig, moral of this long drawn out story................(Dont think just do it) the more you knock the more you will get, take the no's with the yes's and shoot up a prayer before you hit the door Rick

PS: once I get one I talk to the neighbors hint hint

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter