Getting warmer....

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Terphunter

Reaction score
With my shed (antler) season winding down and just getting interested in the old bottle thing I have hit a few spots that would give me chance at both. Today I came close to getting my first embossed, whole blob top. No big deal to most but I love those blob top beers...unfourtunately the few that I have foiund have been broken. Today was close on two...two really cool hand tooled blobs. The amber was a "The Eigenbrot Brewing Company" it had Adonis pale ale with a mirror and face embossed on it...thought it was really cool. From Baltimore City. The next was a Columbia Bottleing Company...George Schagher...Baltimore, Md. Tooled blob...top busted. I did score one whole beer from The Gotltieb Bauren Schmidt Struas Breweing Company in Baltimore....so all was not lost!![;)] Getting warmer...feeling a cool blob in my future soon!!

https://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm172/terphunter/Sheds%202012/IMG_1039.jpg

https://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm172/terphunter/Sheds%202012/IMG_1040.jpg

https://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm172/terphunter/Sheds%202012/IMG_1041.jpg

epackage

Reaction score
Cool stuff Terp, keep loking and you'll do good...

Terphunter

Reaction score
Any info on the Columbia Bottling Co...with George Schagher. Has Baltimore, MD on the bottle...but I cant find a thing on this one??

Dugout

Reaction score
I like those shark teeth too! Wow!

Terphunter

Reaction score
Thanks all. Yes most of those teeth are from Maryland, Calvert county. All Miocene period so say 4 to 24 million years old...puts "old" bottles into perspective!![;)]

KBbottles

Reaction score
Nice! I dig lots of good teeth and fossils in NJ every summer. Went to the cliffs for two days last summer and had terrible luck :(. Any advice?

Terphunter

Reaction score
Summers tough time to go. Gets picked over and water clarity is the worst this time of year. Try winter or fall, low tide, and look in the H20...the bigger teeth are mostly in the water as the wave action is not strong enough to push them on shore. Pay a lot of attention to thick gravels beds...good teeth get trapped here. Last be willing to walk a lot...cover a big stretch of beach and hit it hard on the way back...each wave changes the look. Forget Calvert Cliffs state park...not much there...look at the north end of the cliffs![;)] No digging BTW...you cant dig into the cliffs...all my finds beach combing at low tide. Good luck

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amandaward