Ghost or Paranormal

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

drjhostetters

Reaction score
Velly velly intellesting....I too have seen, heard and experienced the "unusual", "not normal", "unexplainable" and down right scary happenings...my daughter who was 7 or 8 at the time came in the house and said she said "hi" to an angel sitting on the power pole outside our house..matter of factly as though it were a common everyday occurrance..and, no, she was not prone to "tale telling" or lying..it happened as she said...

I too await more of these happenings from my fellow bottle collectors. And as a born again Christian, I have no choice but to believe in "ghosts"...the Holy Spirit...'nough said.

The Doc...Dr J

luvtodig

Reaction score
Hey all[:D] Very cool thread! Here is my 2 bits worth..I too have experienced some weird things in my time..some while bottle hunting, some while living in old houses..once while walking through an old area looking for homesteads, of course[;)] it was hard to see where I was going, the sagebrush was taller then my head..I stepped off into a depression in the ground, my heart raced maybe an old dump[8D] to my horror as looked around it was an old graveyard, that no one had tended for years, long forgotten..most of the graves were sunken in, bones scattered all around...the feeling I got standing there, like a great saddness...I beat feet out of there...felt so bad for those that had been forgotten, maybe everyone that had known these people had died as well...anyway nothing real weird, just a overwhelming feeling...also here is a pic, my boyfriend took the other day, it was storming really good here..funnel clouds and the whole bit..you decide if the white wispy at the corner of the pic is a angel watching the storm as well...my boyfriend swears that he did not see that white thing when he took the pic...we tease him, it was his angel watching over him[;)]

Mk24939.jpg

Attachments

• Mk24939.jpg
    Mk24939.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 83

Gunsmoke47

Reaction score
Hey Susanne, get your tape measure out and go 1" up from the 2 in 2004 on your picture and 1/2" over to the left. That is the Angel I see! That will put you right in the middle of her torso. Her outstretched wings and her head are just as plain as day to me! [;)] Happy Diggin, Kelley

Flaschenjager

Reaction score
Hey guys and gals,
The 1730s plantation, which has long been on hold, that I'm digging, well included, is polluted with "ghosts". The first night that I dug, there was a lunar eclipse. While I was digging a privy that night, a famous local ghost chaser of sorts was talking to and taking pictures of them inside at various locations. I have the CD of them here, but haven't braved a look at them yet. I will soon and maybe post some photos as a follow up to this. The child ghosts, boy and girl, appear almost daily to the daughters that now live there. When my friends girls were very young they said that they were playing/talking with Emily and Trent. Years later, while researching the many deaths and wills at this home, two children lived there...named Trent and Emily[sm=rolleyes.gif] (goosebumps appearing). Lights and appliances turn off and on throughout the house constantly. Unexplained things happen without warning and it can get very creepy there at night. There is not enough time or space here to tell all that has happened at this plantation.

Before starting the well dig the night before, the homeowner had a dream that someone was knocking on the upstairs window, looking down and saying "Don't dig the well!". There are two small windows flanking the old chimney and we took a picture while digging the well and came up with this candid shot. Many say they can clearly see a ghost (face and shoulders mostly). I have a hard time seeing something, if anything I see an animated version. This picture is only cropped, kinda dark and unfiltered. Use an editing program and change the brightness and contrast for better looks.

Joking, while everyone was in the house, I ran inside and said that someone was in the window knocking and yelling..."Don't STOP digging the well". The morning before first digging this well, at my house, I heard a song entitled "The devil at the bottom of the wishing well". I haven't heard this song since that day or before...too weird.

More photos when I can find more time.

Xv64541.jpg

Attachments

• Xv64541.jpg
    Xv64541.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 87

flasherr

Reaction score
Great story and those are some weird things happening. What did you find in the well? Did anyone get hurt while digging it? i did a little manipulating on the photo and this is what i came up with. are their any trees near by to me it looks like reflection of tress. i did see something as i was lightening it but after a final lightning to me it looks like tress reflecting in low light
Brian

Zx69953.jpg

Attachments

• Zx69953.jpg
    Zx69953.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 87

Flaschenjager

Reaction score
Brian,
You're right, there are some trees, not close though. I think it's nothing but a reflection, but everyone claims they see something and can't believe I don't see it. The dig is uncompleted and no finds yet. I didn't want to dig this before I found out all listed above, but I was talked into it, because of the vast history of the site. I will finish it soon and post all finds or lack of, under the thread "ongoing well dig". Five or more feet to go yet and we are currently at 17 feet down.

bigkitty53

Reaction score
Well I guess I'll toss in my 2&6.My phantom site is a family-friends' family homestead built in the 1600's.I spent an awful lot of time there growing up-I am still considered an adopted 'brother' by 2 of her children.One reason I call it a 'phanton site' is because the owner will not allow ANYONE to dig/excavate the property.[:mad:][>:][8|]There are 5 other reasons:
High on a hill overlooking Somerset Bridge and Ely's Harbour,"Greysbank" was believed to have been built in the 1660-70's by a Dr. William Grey.He,his wife,a later decendant and his wife,and an unknown child are buried under the floorboards in the front hall.(Not an uncommon occurence here at one time.)His headstone tells us he died in 1719,no D.O.B.(Again not uncommon at one time.)This is the apparition I have seen way,WAY too up close and personal!![:-] His ghost is seen fairly often,4-5 times a year,sometimes in the front hall(-walking on his own grave!), usually walking in the garden,where I once met him face to face.White wig,period clothing,and bag,the whole nine yards,4 feet in front of me! He disappeared a split-second before I did! I still get the jeebies in that section of the garden.Before anyone asks,this was not halloween,this was about 4 o'clock on a beautiful July afternoon in 1984.
The doctor's wife,Mary,or 'Crazy Mary' is the most active of all the ghosts on the property.There are written accounts from the period that attest to her insanity,yet there is no mention of when she died.Rumour is she was murdered by her husband.Her headstone simply reads,'Mary Grey,wife of William". There are also written accounts of the good Doctor leaving her tied up to the poinciana tree in the garden! I have seen and heard Crazy Mary so much that I haven't even batted an eye for 20 years.She often appears in a bedroom window overlooking the garden.She walks from the living room to that bedroom as well.When the current family's son converted the old root cellar into an apartment for himself,I really heard a lot of Mary.Keegan's apartment had an unfinished ceiling,i.e. you looked up at the support beams and floorboards of the bedroom above.Whenever someone walked in that room you saw and heard the floorboards move under their feet from below.Often when Keegan's family were away from the house.Crazy Mary is also a screamer,You get used to that REAL fast in that neighbourhood!
The next ghost will appeal to you War of Independence buffs out there;Captain John Berkley was a blockade runner and the ringleader of The Gunpowder Plot.From historical accounts we now know Greysbank was the house the theft was planned. Suprise! His headstone tells us he died in 1770.(again,no DOB)No mention that he was hung for treason. He rarely makes his presence known, but every 15 to 40 years he leaves a load of coal in the basement.The last time he did this in 1984 the current family sent samples to the U.S. and England.The geological signature of the coal told it was from a seam in Wales-and the last mine working the seam closed in the 1930's!
Berkley's wife was also named Mary,that's really all anyone knows about her.She's buried next to her husband and her spirit sits at the kitchen table from time to time.
The last ghost is usually heard though has been 3 times since 1900.A child about 7 or 8 years old,sobbing,reportedly with face in hands and not distinct enough to discern gender.This is believed to the ghost of the occupant of the final grave.I've heard the sobbing about 6 times over the past 25 years.No living family member has ever seen it.
Well that's the story of my experiences at the Doe family homestead.Do I believe in ghosts?Bet your a*se I do!

KAT

Pontiled

Reaction score
Okay, here's one of many that I can tell. It's about Uncle John's rocking chair. This one isn't long, but it's been seen over and over again.

Our familie's Uncle John, many, many years ago, had an old rocking chair that he would sit in at night and rock and rock. The chair was in the spot, for the most part and it was on the ground floor, facing the window. After Uncle John passed away, the chair would begin rocking. I don't mean a little rock, I'm talking about regular rocking. It never scared the family because they simply accepted that it was Uncle John, who would never hurt anyone. It would rock somedays and then there might be a long time before it would rock again, just like when Uncle John paid visits. Settling foundations cannot be blamed and neither can wind (it rocked at different times, including winter). How do you explain this? We never bothered to explain it, we just accepted it.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
louieb583