Ginger Ale Bottles wanted

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

LC

Reaction score
Wasn't referring to this picture G A C, was referring to your display of bottles you had posted. Looked like you were displaying a round bottom soda upright in some sort of a self made stand to enable it to stand up instead of laying on its side. Maybe I am seeing things again !!

LC

Reaction score
Ginger Ale Collector, was going to make some sort of pedestals for the round bottom Ginger Ales I have, just sort of liked what I saw, if there was some sort of a stand holding your bottle upright.

Ginger Ale collector

Reaction score
LC- !!!! Thought you were interested in the bottles- didn't get it that the stand was what you wanted to see. In the days when these ginger ale bottles were used, the bottle was brought to the table in a restaurant, hotel, bar, boat, or train- and these holders were used. They were had many designs, and some were sterling silver, but most were only plated silver on brass. Railroads used them quite a bit, and many have the RR's name stamped on the base. Here are four- the most common type was the thin "spokes" (3# from left). A rarer type was the torpedo style (#2 from left) which I use for the Canadian RB in the previous post. They can cost anywhere from $15 to $500 depending on style and if they are stamped with a RR or Hotel name. If anyone has a few of these for me and LC- that would be good- I need a few more for my RBs as well. . .

GAC

F23E20EE6C6043919EBD03843C413334.gif

Attachments

• F23E20EE6C6043919EBD03843C413334.gif
    F23E20EE6C6043919EBD03843C413334.gif
    175 KB · Views: 82

Ginger Ale collector

Reaction score
Hi Tony- yes I've got that Billy Baxter- nice bottle-

Here's a ginger pop (a variant of ginger ale) I found at a show in Baltimore- a little different pop bottle I'd say. Eastport ME is way down east- almost in Canada. Wonder if our friend Sam in Maine has seen this one. . .

BDEB9DD42E544D8C84B92D30E1E6147C.gif

Attachments

• BDEB9DD42E544D8C84B92D30E1E6147C.gif
    BDEB9DD42E544D8C84B92D30E1E6147C.gif
    106.5 KB · Views: 88

LC

Reaction score
Thanks much G. A. C. . I knew exactly what they were as I started reading your response. I saw one of these on eBay, I am thinking like last year sometimes, had forgotten all about it. I also remember I was going to put a watch on it to see what it would bring, forgot all about it, and never did see what the results ended up being. If I remember right, the holder was for Hires Root Beer. I do remember for sure it was for a root beer, might be wrong about the Hires though. Those are truly nice. I only have three or four round bottom ginger ales, but will have to jury rig my own holder I guess, those are a bit too pricey for me at the time.

Do you by chance have a Fritz round bottom from Newport, Ky. in your collection ? I dug one of them years ago in Cincinnati. I ran into a big time soda guy from Ky. shortly after I found it , and asked him for information about it. He said there was no such thing as a Fritz round bottom, gave me the old down your nose look, and walked off. I assumed he did not have one !! I have never seen another of them either, although I am sure there are more out there some place. If you do not have one, and would like to see a picture of one of them, I will dig it out and take a picture of it and the others I have. Just curious as to whether or not you have seen or had one of them. Thanks again for the reply on the holders, I appreciate it greatly. On second thought, I know a fellow that is quite handy at metal work, I might take him a picture of them , buy some 3/16" or 1/4" steel rods, and see if he could possibly make me a few ! Thanks again, Lou
[/align]

LC

Reaction score
Hello Tony, can not figure out what you are referring to. Yes, I am in a daze again I guess. What is it you are referring to??

LC

Reaction score
Tony, I see what you are referring to now. The question you were asking was directed to G.A.C. but you were replying through my post. Sorry, L C

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdahlem