Glass Repair

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

David E

Reaction score
Sometime back we were talking about glass repair (at that time I didn't have a camera) But this item Cruet I beleive made in New England Glass around 1883.
It has interior baby thumprints, applied handle, faceted top (G/Amber) and shades from golden amber to red. It is made by throwing some gold into the batch which gives it the golden touch and refired on the top to turn it red. Last book I read 1998 Schroeders gave price as $425.00. Except this one has a inside crack, lookes to me like a factory crack. Anyway will try the reciept someone on the forum give me to fix it after I try on something else first. Disregard last photo, the first twoo show an Amber streek on the neck, it can only be felt from the inside, Thanks
Dave

David E

Reaction score

Ki19433.jpg

Attachments

• Ki19433.jpg
    Ki19433.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 91

BRIAN S.

Reaction score
David.....If you have the secret to repairing cracks in antique glass and making them undetectable.....PLEASE share it and we all can get rich with you !!!! [;)]

David E

Reaction score
Forgot who it was on forum, told me how. Will wait on the cruet and send pic of that broken foot on pressed glass. Guess what I was not doing was using acetone with the expoxcy to thin it out, to flow into crack. See my upcoming mess.
Dave

Maine Digger

Reaction score
David, that is a gorgous piece even with the crack! How much, I wonder, does that crack take away from the value? By the way, on the way to get a haircut yesterday, I stopped briefly at a yard sale and there was six Poland Spring Sitting Moses bottles on the table, clear, green, amber. I was in a rush, so said I will return. I checked out the clear one on the web and believe it's what they call a 'flat face' from 1925. They list for $85 - $150. Now the kicker, he was asking $1.00 each.[:eek:] I'm hoping when I return this morning that they're still available. I was late for my hair cut, if those bottles aren't available this morning I'll be pulling my hair out![8D]

luvtodig

Reaction score
David; very beautiful cruet...I collect cruets also...would look so nice on my shelf [:D] price a little steep for me tho...boyfriend says Christmas is a ways off...lol..Norm hope those bottles are still there for you..how come I never find yard sales like that? [&:] all I ever find at them are Mason jars...take care!

David E

Reaction score
Norm luck getting those bottles, I luck out sometimes at garage sales. Well I would take $100.00 off price of cruet. Had a lady that got me down to $375.00 but she never came back, said colors matched her bedroom,

Was that Susan (my memory) anyway thanks love that cruet and wonder how they got those baby thumprints inside. I have about three sun colored qruets (Pressed glass)
paterns unknown they sell for $50.00 each.

Thanks
Dave

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
louieb583