Gold Button???

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

tazmainiendigger

Reaction score
Morning all! Just thought I would show you a button my daughter dug from a old dump in Thornton, N.H. Jodi caught the bottle fever by seeing all the cool bottles Dad has dug over the last couple years. She "had" found a dump behind a old run down farm house on the railroad tracks and came to show dad the necks she had been finding, sad to say by the time she returned to the site someone else had also found it and cleaned it!![:(] She did manage to find this nice old gold button they had missed. [:D] The button has a glass cover over it... must be some type of gold leaf or something as the holes in the back let water in and the figuere is relatively untarnished... Anyone ever seen this button? Taz

Jh14525.jpg

Attachments

• Jh14525.jpg
    Jh14525.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 94

GuntherHess

Reaction score
I think that is a rosette off a horse bridle. Fancy glass covered ones like that were popular one time.

It would have had a bar across the back for attachment.
There is another one in an earlier post.
https://www.antique-bottles.net/forum/brass_%26_glass_stoper%3F/m_24696/tm.htm

drjhostetters

Reaction score
Hey Taz....

Did you notice the gold blob appears to be the head of a man?...or I am I just seeing things? Appears to be a bearded man with some kind of helmet on....kinda looks like "Neptune" the god of the sea...??? Am I just getting old or does someone else see him too?

Keep on seekin'...The Doc[X(]

bearswede

Reaction score
You ARE getting old, Doc... I think we all saw "him", even me with my out-of-date prescription coke-bottle glasses!!

Just some helmeted Greek...

Ronny-the-pooh

tazmainiendigger

Reaction score
Thanks for the comments all! Jodi thought that was pretty cool yuse guys figuered out what it was.... That must have been the going to town bridle hitch...[:D] Taz

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cehobson