Good weekend/bad weekend....

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
Northwestern Pa. (Near scenic Lake Perfidy)
This is a multipurpose post,....I couldn't help but jump on the bandwagon with Lobey,...Lobe,...first off I feel like a truck hit me each and every day....(I think it goes with this novel concept called work, (as you well know)[;)] I start my morning each day with a extra strong coffee, and two exederin back and body....anyhow, This was to be my summer vaca., weekend to putter and rest and maybe dig....NOT to be...the only chore I had after a half work day Sat. at the lumberyard, was to tar my front roof( former porch I enclosed) It also doubles as extended space in our living room ...Okay...two steps and I knew I was screwed....there's tin over top, but I felt it give sickeningly....all the 5/4 rough sawn hemlock was rotten and swarming with carpenter ants.....then the sodden insulation, then the frekin' rafters...So,...w/ help from penn digger and some donated materials we have it to sistered rafter stage and blue tarps... Rain forcasted all week,....awoke to water slopping into the front room tiz morn!!! Arrrg! so,...I did promise some good....Good ole' Tom and I took a mental health break to run to the Antique mall and check our booth....(BIG labor day sale goin' on)....Some pics to follow.

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
Here's what Tom found, but ceded to me when he found some other deals....This little bottle made my day and weekend....

91F6361ADDEE42529D53CE1C8CD36182.jpg

Attachments

• 91F6361ADDEE42529D53CE1C8CD36182.jpg
    91F6361ADDEE42529D53CE1C8CD36182.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 73

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
The antique mall was a zoo,...and Tom's been trying to accomadate a movie crew locally, so his phone's been ringing off his belt,...the line was out the door, but I didn't even mind waiting to pay 8.00$ for this little gem...(One call, I kid you not, was pertaining to (edit) "a well known movie personality" not really liking his drapes at the retreat Tom helped put him up at.)[8|]...Okay...back on topic.....Here's my saving grace for sanity this weekend. A simple little bottle. (And more help from friends that I couldn't get by w/out)....[:D] J.B.

P.S.Anyone know who "E.C." was?)

17EFDF23738447EFA6674F275E8167E6.jpg

Attachments

• 17EFDF23738447EFA6674F275E8167E6.jpg
    17EFDF23738447EFA6674F275E8167E6.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 57

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
Well Lobe,....I knew you'd be able to relate...[;)] I hope you can keep on movin'....I'm apalled at normal folks reaction to my coffee (LoL) Lauren thinks the spoon won't even sink....I'm frightfully immune to over the counter pain meds too....Oh well,..shoulda went to college.[:D] Thanks for the atta boy on the bottle,...yours are cool too (and BOTH pontilled to boot) Joe

GuntherHess

Reaction score
Anyone know who "E.C." was?)

Good question, not too many people I have asked seem to know the answer.
The complete name of that medicine is Dr. E. Cooper's Universal Magnetic Balm.
Guess it wouldnt fit on the bottle or they were saving some bucks on embossing.

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
I wish I had your weekend Joe! We got permission to dig an 1778 stone house,found a double privy and turns out it was the new one.Now thats a dilemma [8D]

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
Wow Rick,...hey at least that means the old(er) ones are still there waiting to be found...I'm hoping to hear from Tom yet tonight,...He borrowed our probe to check out a promising seeming property on his way home.....Keep on looking,.....man, 1778 is pretty old.

Staff online

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter