Goodwill Vancouver island bottle wanted

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Jess98

Reaction score
I’m looking for a goodwill bottle with the picture of Vancouver island on it, any info where I can get one is appreciated!

willong

Reaction score
Treasure Valley Antiques (online) sold one like this: 1684577791797.png

Jess98

Reaction score
Yeah that’s the one I’m looking for, there’s one on eBay but don’t feel like getting hosed paying $40 plus $60 for shipping, that’s crazy

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
If you live on the island keep an eye out for bottle/antique shows, there used to be quite a lot of them out there. These aren't super rare bottles so there's a decent chance that someone will be selling one, and if not you can probably ask around and find someone who would be willing to part with one.

Jess98

Reaction score
If you live on the island keep an eye out for bottle/antique shows, there used to be quite a lot of them out there. These aren't super rare bottles so there's a decent chance that someone will be selling one, and if not you can probably ask around and find someone who would be willing to part with one.
I used to live in North Vancouver but moved back to Saskatchewan for a while and never see anything like that here, don’t think we even have bottle shows here, I might have to enquire on some Facebook pages, I’ve had luck there in the past

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
I used to live in North Vancouver but moved back to Saskatchewan for a while and never see anything like that here, don’t think we even have bottle shows here, I might have to enquire on some Facebook pages, I’ve had luck there in the past
Oh yeah that'll be a lot tougher finding one in Saskatchewan. Probably best to watch Ebay or see if you can connect with a BC collector on here, but with the cost of shipping these days you'll probably be paying a fair bit for it regardless.

Jess98

Reaction score
Oh yeah that'll be a lot tougher finding one in Saskatchewan. Probably best to watch Ebay or see if you can connect with a BC collector on here, but with the cost of shipping these days you'll probably be paying a fair bit for it regardless.
Yeah I wouldn’t mind paying 25-30 on shipping but $60 to ship one bottle is outrageous lol

willong

Reaction score
Yeah that’s the one I’m looking for, there’s one on eBay but don’t feel like getting hosed paying $40 plus $60 for shipping, that’s crazy
Yeah, eBay is well populated with extremely optimistic souls--or, just plain greedy ones!

willong

Reaction score
Several of those shops maintain websites--it's probably just a matter of watching over time until one shows up at reasonable price. The one in photo sold for about $15 if I recall correctly.

jrfalen

Reaction score
I think I have two of those bottles and I could part with one. I will try to get some pictures and see how much the shipping would be. I’m in Minnesota btw so that might limit the options

Joe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TonyG1