Got a complete set, hardware and all!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Yooper14

Reaction score
I'm deleting this post as it's abit embarrassing! Turns out I put some effort into a brand new set of insulators....

They say you win some, you lose some

Yooper14

Reaction score

Attachments

• Xv64471.jpg
    Xv64471.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 54

Bixel

Reaction score
Insulators to the rescue! Those are not very old, probably 1980s. Those are made by Ohio brass, a big porcelain insulator manufacture. The brown on the top is Radio treatment, which was started in the 1970s to keep insulators from interfering with radio waves. They are a nice sky tone blue/grey color. With the pins, probably only worth about 1 - 2 bucks each at an auction or flea market, but nice to have and keep, may go up in value in the future!

Thanks,
Kyle Waters

Yooper14

Reaction score
Well, I'm sheepish. Guess I shouldn't dabble in items I don't know anything about!!

Bixel

Reaction score
Hey, dont feel so bad, I picked up a few insulators at the utility yard that looked nice, and didnt even look at what they said, I got them home, and they had "1996" stamped on them, and Im SUPPOSED to know stuff about these things! LOL!

Humabdos

Reaction score
Greenville Texas The Blackest land whitest people
My worst buy was a McCormick Platte Valley corn whiskey jug at an estate sale $25.00!!
You can buy one off E-bay for $.99 lol.
Although I did buy a rare DOME fruit jar that's worth over $500 for 5 bucks at the same sale. Sometimes you got to gamble a little to get a good deal.
I remember not long ago a lady bought an insulator for $3. at a garage sale then sold it for $10,000 on E-bay.

Glen

Bixel

Reaction score
yah, that lady bought two insulators at a yard sale and put them on Ebay. The one insulator sold for 10,000, the other........ 0.99 cents! LOL

Staff online

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dazewudb3nice!