Got A price Guide Coca Cola

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

the_workmans

Reaction score
?Wondering about a 1923 Christmas unopened coca cola bottle. My grandpa has one and wants to sell it. It is from Point Pleasant WV and as I said is unopened and therefore coke still in it. Green tint to bottle.

capsoda

Reaction score
Hi Billie, Unfortunatly they are only worth about 3 bucks, full maybe 5. Certain towns are worth a little more; ghost towns,very small or low production towns, oddly named towns. I have seen full bottles go for much higher with rare town names on them but they are few and far between. Hope I have been of some help.

the_workmans

Reaction score
How could this be if its so old and unopened and a christmas bottle? 5 bucks insane I have seen empty ones sell for 25 buck on ebay. Do you think since it's from WV it would be worth less? UGH! I hope this isn't true. My grandpa will be very upset. Thanks.

capsoda

Reaction score
Sorry Billie but it is the truth. I have bottles over 100 yrs old with the origanal box, label and contents that are only worth $10 because their not rare. Maybe someone on the forum from your area can tell you if that perticular bottle is rare. I wish you luck.

the_workmans

Reaction score
Well I dont know that there would be many of these around Pt Pleasant is a very small town and I didnt even know they made these there. I really hope 10 isnt all its worth my grandpa may have lost money on his end. Thanks for info.

flasherr

Reaction score
According to the bill porter book your bottle is scarce+. but this guide dosnt give a price value. the problem with the 1923 bottle is they made a reproduction in 1988 of the bottle and only way i know to tell it is from bottom. the repo has lines that connect the town name to the state name. the repo bottles are heavy and look just like the originals do you have a pic of the bottom of this bottle? Also what does cap look like. its possible it could have been recapped.
Brian

the_workmans

Reaction score
I am going to post these take a look. The cap is somewhat rusted and some of the wording is hard to read but is says coca cola the cap looks like it was orginally a whitish with red lettering. The cap also says from what I can read REG US Then something beside that and also says 6 fluid ozs. Here is a pic of the bottom. The code for the actual manufacture date is 32 so 1932 right?! I have more pics. If you want to see em.

Ec89549.jpg

Attachments

• Ec89549.jpg
    Ec89549.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 69

GuntherHess

Reaction score
Yours is definately not a repro. I have sold xmas cokes for $5-$50, matters what condition they are in and if anyone wants them. Yours looks like its in good shape.
Unfortunately just being from an obscure city doesnt nessisarily make them valuable. Certain cities seem to be more collectible, for instance i sold Winchester Va and Gettysburg PA cokes for a lot better price than Hagerstown MD cokes which are about the same rarity. West Virginia stuff usually does seem to sell well. Especially towns like Wheeling and Martinsburg for whatever reason. I dont know if having the contents increases the value any, have to defer to the soda experts for that...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saturday