Got out to the mill dump for a bit today.....>

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Maine Digger

Reaction score
Sam beat me to the punch regarding the George Frye info. But here's something you may or may not find interesting; The George Frye Medical co operated out of a building located at 865 Congress Street in Portland, ME. I worked for a security company in that same building from 1990 -99. We still had the old squeeky floor boards beneath the carpeting, and if you stuck your head up above the suspended ceiling tiles, there was on of the most elaborate embossed tin ceilings I've ever seen.[:)] Unfortunately, as they remodeled the space, they cut holes through the tin for wires etc.[&:] The building's exterior remains pretty much the same as it did in the 20s. There was another old drug manufacturer in Portland called H.H. Hay, it was located in triangular shaped building in Congress square, that building too, has been maintained in it's original condition, although now it has a Star Bucks. The H.H. Hays bottles are BIM with the HH Hays logo on top of the shoulder. I find it enjoyable to dig up bottles that were sold out of buildings that still exist and appear pretty much as they were when those bottles were 'new'[:)]

Matt in NH

Reaction score
Wow! Thanks for all the help on the bottle guys...Sorry I didn't reply earlier, but I was in Western Mass the last couple days on a bottle dig with a friend....Wait till you see all the goodies we found[:D] Hope everyone is getting out to dig.

Matty

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdahlem