Grand Valley Brewing Co shard Mich

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

mtfdfire22

Reaction score
could have been a great discussion if only it was entitled: bottle mold variations and definitions.
instead we have : grand valley brewing co shard.......a total of 4 people in the united states were interested in that particular title.

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Well I am really corn-fused now. Well this is the darndest thread of confusion I have seen yet on the FORUM. I have been involved with a lot of slug plate installations in bottle molds. So I guess it is time to review this thread and try to help some of you realize how mold inserts work and some of the descriptions shown here are not all fitting in to the job of making them. A slug plate has to be fastened into the mold. And it is done by headed screws on the back side of the mold. The temperature of the mold surface has to be maintained by using the same chilled iron in the cavity and the heat has to be dissipated so the glass appearance is not different from the rest of the bottle. I don't know exactly where to start = but I will do something soon.
RED Matthews bottlemysteries WOW!!!!!

mtfdfire22

Reaction score
i think im on the same page as you RED but im not sure everyone else is. you could start with a picture that shows a slugplate with the screw marks impressed on the bottle, i think thats a good place to start as i have seen that before.

Catahoulajak

Reaction score
Not sure how to post pics, but I have two of these bottles I found while digging in Iona years ago.

hemihampton

Reaction score
e-mail me a pic to hemihampton at wowway dot com & I'll post the pic for you. THANKS, LEON.

Catahoulajak

Reaction score
Sent a pic. I have to clean em up still. I've been digging stuff up for 25 years now and just built a man cave to unbox all my stuff. Gonna be a slow process of unpacking, cleaning, documenting, and displaying.

hemihampton

Reaction score
Here's a pic of the 2 bottles mentioned above. I'd like to see this bottle in a blob top. LEON. 2GrandValleyBottles.jpg

P.S Click Pic to enlarge.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Acrgator