Great Flea Market Finds

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

CanYaDigIt

Reaction score
We had great luck last weekend at the flea markets, garage sales, and thrift stores. Much easier to find bottles there then to drag both kids out digging with us. Next weekend they'll be at the Grandparents though, so hopefully they'll be some diggin finds next week. Here's what we got.

A sweet free blown beaker with an applied foot and polished pontil. It's all etched (not with acid) and there is a lot of base wear. There's even a great deal of scratching in the bottom due to stirring. I think it goes nicely with the meds.

102_1498.jpg

A 1937 Christmas Coke from Placerville and a 1944 Pat-D from Susanville. Not really my cup of tea, but I couldn't just leave em there for a buck each. I know their somewhat desirable, so they'll make good traders or ebay bottles.

102_1503.jpg

102_1504.jpg

Here's a couple of BIM 1910s minis. I can't find any company info on the cognac, but it has the date 1914 lightly penciled on. The mini black has a label that reads MR. & MRS. PAUL J. CAPURRO / AUG., 30TH, 1916. It still has about half the contents in it, which smells heavily of whiskey. There's a lot of solids that settled out of it, so I'm guessing it was some kind of medicinal mixture. Any clues why it's to both Mr. & Mrs.?

102_1505.jpg

An embossed and labeled typewriter oil, a tiny embossed amber "medicine", a cobalt slicker, and a 3-mold perfume missing the stopper. All BIM.

102_1506.jpg

102_1507.jpg

A couple of cone inks. We needed the light green for a color run were putting together, and the SCA one is pregnant. Never seen one so fat, so it came home too.

102_1510.jpg

Here's the best one from the flea market. A Sacramento 1/2 pint coffin. I've been wanting one for a while, but was hesitant to drop the doe for one. I got this one at about 80% less then what I've seen them at shows for. It's soaking now, but will come out sparklin. There's not even the faintest of scratches anywhere on it. It should clean up to near attic mint.

102_1511.jpg

We got a lot of great paper items too. Ads, books, trade cards, ledgers, etc. Just a great weekend for flea market treasure hunting. Were heading way up the mountain this weekend to locate some mining camps and hopefully a virgin cabin or two. I also got some great in town digging leads from the residents of a nice 1890s Victorian. An 85 year old woman told the folks where everyone used to dump trash when she was a small child. There are plans to start developing the area into condos soon, so we'll have to jump on that one quick. Hopefully it was used for a good 30-40 years.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jimk26