Cracked Top or Not?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

hemihampton

Reaction score
I've seen many old Beer Cans repurposed for other uses, seemed to be common thing to do 80+ years ago. Leon.
DrewrysBank&Box.jpg
leienkugelslamp.jpg(1).JPG
OldTapLamp.jpg
PabstQuartWateringCan2.jpg
PelicanLighter.JPG
PropellarCanBong.jpg
scan0003.jpg
sprinklerwithbox.jpg

Miccac

Reaction score
Hello, I just got this bottle recently, strap sided slugplate 1870s-80s whiskey. It reads

AH Robinson and Co
No 1114
Market St
Philadelphia
Pat Applied For

Could the “pat applied for” be for a metal cap/top perhaps?

Was the top broken at one point, or was it meant to be a sort of sheared/cracked off finish? What do yall think?

Miccac

Reaction score
It appears to have been sheared off then polished , this was more than likely an after glasshouse incident and it looks polished, the bottle appears to have ground stains wich tells me it must have been buried at some point but the neck looks clean so my guess is the lip came off/broke off at some point , bottle got discarded, dug up and more than likely polished to get rid of sharp edges. This is a scenario that PROBABLY HAPPENED BUT , it could have just been a clean break after or while the dig was happening either way , I believe that this unique flask is a BEAUTY !!!!! I LOVE FLASKS!!!

Coled18

Reaction score
Thank you all for the replies! It is interesting to see the conversation brought up about my little flask. I like to entertain the possibility of it being repurposed :)

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen