Great Surface Finds

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Tony14

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply diggermeister. Mine must be a little later than yours. Andy on Monday I might go and keep walking down that ridge. I think that there might be more down there. Plus I just remembered that I left one down there.[&:]

CanadianBoy

Reaction score
If this place is not visible to anyone sounds like you should be cuting roots and undermining the trees so they fall over,this pulls up the earth giving you a workable hole.
You juat have to keep cutting and working under the tree roots,and just keep going down.
Just remember to start at the edge of the dump and work your way in,back and forth.
And good digging.
Its kind of easy to jump all over the place and end up covering the good stuff,we 've all done it.

Tony14

Reaction score
Its going to be hard. If I stray off to the left far enough people can see me from the road. And i can't croos the creek to see if there is anything on the other side because then I'm on railroad property and they can see me from the station tower. I'm not even sure if the land is private or public. Guess I better find that out first[:D]

Hannahbelle

Reaction score
I found two Rawleigh's bottles with intact labels, one is for maple flavouring, and one is for red colouring - I'll try and post some pics if you are interested?

Tony14

Reaction score
That sounds very interesting, post the pics. Are they cork top or are they like the ones I have pictured up top?
Here in about 5 minutes I'm taking off to continue walking down that ridge. I'll post my finds when I get back.

Tony14

Reaction score
Hey everyone just got back from a good day of searching.
btw I took the forest to the end and had to stop because I ran into someones garage!![&:] There were still shards when I stopped so i'm going to get permission.
I started to dig a hole too. I got it about a foot deep and 2 by 3 feet wide. Found two of these bottles out of that hole. I'm not going to start digging seriosly until Andy comes back to town so I have someone to dig with.

Tony14

Reaction score
I'll post the pics in a new thread

Attachments

• Mk27558.jpg
    Mk27558.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 41

Hannahbelle

Reaction score
Here are the two with labels - found them face to face in a shallow dump.
Yup, they appear to close with corks, since the cork is still in the maple one.

Ec87971.jpg

Tony14

Reaction score
Those don't look to much older than the ones I have. I found a cork top one to that looks like the smaller of the two except in clear glass

RazorsEdge

Reaction score
Hey i know it is hard to wait but i just found out today that best days for hunting bottles are right before and after winter.....I found an entire dump and cars at this one place and i just went back today and i couldnt find it for about 10 minutes......it was overgrown with brush.....If you wait right before or after winter then all vegetation is gone and you find the coolest stuff without hardly any effort...but get what you can for now, i guess

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROC.NYbottles