Great Vet. Bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

bostaurus

Reaction score
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300373020072&ssPageName=ADME:B:EF:GB:1123

I would love to own this one but that is a lot of money. Even if I had the money I would probably feel guilty about spending it on one bottle.

RedGinger

Reaction score
What is 4,500 pounds in US dollars? That is a nice bottle. I love the horse on it. Joe will like this one too as he loves vet bottles. About how old is this one?

bostaurus

Reaction score
Not sure what the current exchange rate is but it would be close to $8,000.
Stoneware bottles are hard to judge the age sometimes, especially if you can't pick them up and look at them in person. I would guess 1870's-1880's, but maybe earlier. This type took a bit more work to make because the decoration was made separate and then added to the bottle. All has to be done when the bottle is still damp or the parts will not stick together. Even then, if they are not put on properly, the bottle can explode when it is fired in the kiln.
There is a British collector on the forum, who's name escapes me right now, that has a wonderful collection of stoneware veterinary bottles from the Lincolnshire area.

mr.fred

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: RedGinger

What is 4,500 pounds in US dollars?   That is a nice bottle.  I love the horse on it.  Joe will like this one too as he loves vet bottles.  About how old is this one?
$ 7,384.02 [sm=lol.gif]

bostaurus

Reaction score
My husband and I have already said we will not buy something for each other this year...he might not be very understanding if change my mind and put that on the list. Actually it might give him a good laugh.

glass man

Reaction score
HEY YALL SAID YOU WOULD NOT BUY ANYTHING FOR EACH OTHER,BUT NOT FOR YOUR SELF![8D] JAMIE

GuntherHess

Reaction score
There is a British collector on the forum, who's name escapes me right now, that has a wonderful collection of stoneware veterinary bottles from the Lincolnshire area.

http://www.potomacbottlecollectors.org/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?765

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlexTheBottleHunter